Rutgers University Foundation
The Rutgers University Foundation (RUF) seeks an innovative, collegial and service oriented Associate Director of Data Analytics and Insights to serve as a trusted associate to the Senior Director of Data Analytics and Insights and the high performing fundraisers at Rutgers University. This newly created role will join the Foundation at a time of increased investment in Data Analytics and will have an opportunity to help evolve the way the organization utilizes analytics and insights to shape strategy. With a focus on providing strategic recommendations based on data, the Associate Director will be a forward focused, data-savvy professional with the capacity to work on both high level and nuanced aspects of data analytics, who possesses a track record of carrying out practices that support the creation and maintenance of rich, deep and meaningful insights. This role provides the opportunity to join a growing data analytics program that is part of a nationally acclaimed university.
The Associate Director will work with some of the best advancement professionals in the industry, who along with the rest of the Foundation team, have successfully raised over $220 million this past fiscal year, constituting the best fundraising year in the history of the University. The Associate Director will be joining the Foundation at a time of great enthusiasm during the recently launched multi-billion-dollar campaign, new Foundation facilities and office space, as well as an environment that encourages creativity, cutting-edge technology and out-of-the-box ways to work efficiently and intelligently. With the recent launch of the campaign, leadership has focused investments on non-frontline fundraising functions in order to strengthen our infrastructure and position Rutgers for success.
The Associate Director will report to the Senior Director of Data Analytics and Insights and will be responsible for advising on or providing insights on specific data related to the Foundation. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrate an understanding of data analytics and research methodologies, and be willing to help with projects to strengthen the Foundation’s strategic planning. The challenge of making continual improvements while maintaining a high level of client service presents an extremely exciting and rewarding opportunity for this role as the Foundation increases its investment in departments such as Data Analytics. The Associate Director will work closely with numerous key areas of the foundation including but not limited to Information Technology, Rutgers Biomedical Health and Sciences (RBHS), Prospect Development, Communications, and Annual Giving and Alumni Relations.
The Associate Director contributes to activities that define the creation and strategic direction of the overall Foundation. The incumbent will provide reliable and timely high-level qualitative and quantitative data and trend analysis that supports the strategic planning and operational effectiveness of key programs. The Associate Director will work alongside the Senior Director in partnering with fundraisers and other staff at the Rutgers University Foundation to employ data mining, forecasting, text-analysis and statistical techniques to help identify, classify, understand and cultivate insights related to all aspects of the Rutgers University Foundation. This person must have excellent communication skills; advanced skills using statistical techniques to turn data into insights; computer literacy to include industry standard software; and experience articulating values, information, and compelling cases to multiple audiences, one-on-one, and through formal proposals and/or presentations. Impeccable project management skills are required. The creativity and energy to convince and persuade varying constituencies of new ideas and directions are fundamental to succeed in this position.
Rutgers University Foundation
Created in 1973, the Rutgers University Foundation advances Rutgers’ pursuit of excellence in education, research, and public service. The Foundation provides the bridge between donors and the schools, programs, faculty, and students that make up the University. The Foundation helps to match caring people with satisfying and meaningful opportunities to make gifts that have an impact on Rutgers. Founded in 1766, Rutgers is the eighth oldest institution of higher education in the nation. Today, Rutgers, a member of the Association of American Universities, is New Jersey’s premier public research institution and flagship state university. More than 100 majors offer students vast opportunities. On July 1, 2014, Rutgers University joined The Big Ten Conference of world-class universities whose member institutions share a common mission of research, graduate, professional and undergraduate teaching and public service. The Foundation is a 501(c) (3) tax-exempt organization with the sole mission of supporting Rutgers University. The organization includes the areas of Alumni Relations, Development and related Communications. Lead by Foundation President Nevin Kessler and his senior cabinet – the Executive Leadership Group (ELG) – the Foundation successfully completed a $1 billion campaign in 2014 and is preparing for another multi-billion dollar campaign in the near future.
Ellynne Dec, Senior Director of Data Analytics and Insights
Ellynne joined the Foundation in early 2019, following a similar role at a national non-profit. She’s been working with “big data” before it was even a thing. She is a creative and enthusiastic practitioner who loves to partner with a broad range of colleagues to develop solutions and use data to learn and improve organizations. She finds it hard to turn down a challenge; since she joined the Foundation, her team has created significant operational efficiencies for portfolio management, and has provided critical strategic insights to senior leadership in areas ranging from communication strategy, diversity and the impact of tax changes on giving patterns. Over the course of her career, she has worked in several industry areas, including over ten years of experience in health sciences. She enjoys teaching; at Columbia University, she developed and taught a course in applied analytics and forecasting for strategy at the Business School and at the Mailman School of Public Health.
Associate Director of Data Analytics and Insights:
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Proactively consults with teams across the Foundation to understand the best opportunities to maximize fundraising and engagement results through quantitative and qualitative research and analytics. The Associate Director works primarily with Rutgers Biomedical Health Sciences (RBHS) development, with additional work across other areas within the Foundation to solve complex business problems and to identify opportunities for strategic growth through analytic solutions. Proactively identifies trends or developments related to business units to provide ongoing analytical support and expertise.
· Extracts, transforms, and manipulates complex data sets from various sources using advanced statistical techniques to turn data into insights, which can be quickly adopted by various business units across the organization to improve
results/create efficiencies/reduce costs.
· Monitors the marketplace to identify and appraise new and evolving technologies and analytic applications in Higher Education Development, especially those in the Salesforce, Tableau and R universe.
· Assists the Senior Director on the overall strategy to develop the organization’s data analytics and insights program to address current and future needs. Trains and educates the Foundation team on the function of data analytics.
· Provides high quality ongoing customer support; answering questions, resolving problems and building solutions.
Qualities of the Ideal Candidate:
· Requires a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s desirable) in fields such as mathematics, statistics, marketing, information technology, business, and/or similar fields. Previous experience in foundations/universities/healthcare/non-profit organizations or strategic/business development consultancy experience is ideal.
· Minimum of 3-5 years professional experience turning data into insights using data management and analytic software such as Python, SQL, SAS, SPSS and R and statistical techniques such as linear and logistic regression.
· Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with translating, simplifying, communicating and presenting data insights back to foundation staff and leadership.
· Minimum of two years of experience with data reporting and visualization tools such as Tableau (required), SSRS, MS Power BI, SQL queries.
· Familiarity with advancement data solutions.
· Demonstrates analytical and project design/management and creative problem-solving skills required. Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
· Must be able to work independently as well as coordinate projects with others. This individual must always possess a high degree of professionalism and ethics and be sensitive to the discretion necessary to be successful in this field.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, and group facilitation capabilities and ability to make key decisions on projects. Must be able to work independently as well as coordinate projects with others. This individual must possess a high degree of professionalism and ethics and be sensitive to the discretion necessary to be successful in this field.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂