We have a vacancy for a Research Engineer to work on software algorithms and tools for the generation, manipulation and visualisation of volumetric data from multi-camera sources, with applications in film visual effects and virtual reality.
We are looking for candidates with a strong track record in computer vision, a desire to build real-world solutions for artists in the film and visual effects industries, and in depth experience in developing algorithms in C++. Applicants should demonstrate a strong understanding of the problem domain and a proven track record in delivering high quality outcomes. This role will work within a wider team with similar computer vision and development experience.
• Develop an in-depth knowledge in a core area of expertise in the field of image and video processing
• Review and investigate state-of-the-art tools and academic work to define potential solutions to algorithmic problems
• Develop and review algorithmic solutions, create early prototypes as proof-of-concept and beta tools to gather feedback from clients
• Contribute to the development of the code base for image and video processing across one or more products
• Support the specification of features, requirements and scheduling for software development work
• Fix bugs and deliver final solutions as part of the software life-cycle for technology prototypes and product releases
• Play an active role in communicating with and visiting customers or academic partners to understand and share requirements and proposed solutions
- A PhD in Computer Vision, Image Processing or Computer Graphics
- Recent experience in image or video processing, computer vision or computer graphics, with an emphasis on some of: optical flow, dense depth estimation, volumetric video, lightfields, feature tracking, camera positional solving
- A strong record of international publication in top-tier conferences and journals or the equivalent relevant outcomes and awards for industry products
- Proven experience in C / C++ software development with an industry focus
- Proven experience in creative problem solving, algorithmic design and the ability to turn complex algorithms into software tools
- Excellent mathematical skills, with an organised and methodical approach, highly self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills with good spoken and written English
- An interest in the VFX industry and film with an appreciation and desire to work on cutting edge creative software in the visual effects industry.
PERKS & BENEFITS.
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Pension scheme & life assurance
Health cash plan & medical insurance,
Season ticket loan
Company’s social events
Beer O’Clock Fridays
Learning & development plans
Foundry’s discount & saving scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂