Pluralsight proudly creates the creators of tomorrow: the people who develop the technology that lifts the human condition. We do this through the tech industry’s leading learning platform for serious Developer, IT, and Creative professionals. Our team of 700+ innovators and disruptors are serving over 1M users in 150+ countries to conquer the tech skills gap.
As the Streaming Data Platform team we are dedicated to building a large scale distributed, self-service streaming data platform that can seamlessly scale to handle the vast data needs across the organization.
Pluralsight has a big vision for the future and data is at the core – so we are building a smart, conscientious, and sociable team to own this endeavor.
What you’ll do:
- Building and scaling our streaming data platform using the latest technologies.
- Designing, developing, and improving our self-service user experience and tools.
- Diplomatically partnering with Business, Product, and other Data teams to innovate and empower business critical applications, tools, and data intelligence at scale.
- Collaborating with product managers, developers, and data engineers to grow and evolve the culture of data driven decision making.
- Working on and contributing to open source software.
Who you are:
- A supportive and engaged team member, able to express complex information to a variety of consumers.
- Capable of problem solving, and prioritizing work based on anticipated business value.
- Possess the ability to simplify complex ideas and make them accessible to non-technical folks.
- Passionate and excited about data, innovation, and using technology to unlock the future!
What experience is needed:
- Experience building software in JVM-based languages
- Experience designing, building, or supporting high performance distributed systems.
- Experience designing, building, or supporting self-service platforms.
- Experience working with tools supporting Data-in-motion (e.g. Kafka, Akka, Spark Streaming, etc).
- Experience working on and/or a demonstrable understanding of messaging/queuing systems or stream processing systems.
- Experience writing unit tests, performing code reviews, and leading/participating in design discussions about architecture, data shape, and business logic.
- A foundational understanding and experience with topics related to platform scale, security, availability, deployment and operations.
Helpful, but not required experience:
- Experience in data modeling and/or data architectures
- Experience with serialization/deserialization of data (e.g. Avro, etc)
- Scala development experience
- Experience solving analytical business problems using data.
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work everyday knowing we’re helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Be Yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂