Pluralsight proudly creates the creators of tomorrow: the people who develop the technology that lifts the human condition. We do this through the tech industry’s leading learning platform for serious Developer, IT, and Creative professionals. Our team of 700+ innovators and disruptors are serving over 1M users in 150+ countries to conquer the tech skills gap.
Working at Pluralsight
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology. That everyone should have access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can make the world a better place. Through the work we do everyday, we empower the people who power our world.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
As a Data Engineer at Pluralsight, you will partner with Product Experience teams to create tools, pipelines, and systems to empower our Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers. You will keep Pluralsight’s finger on the pulse of the Data Engineering community by continually researching, testing, and developing solutions to better enable our PXTs and Data partners through automation and self-service. You will be the subject matter expert on how and when to utilize which tools, as well as an influential partner in delivering incredible end user experiences.
Pluralsight is a leader in the tech education space, and as such, our engineers are a driving force in developing and promoting industry best practices while continually synthesizing new ideas. You will help set the bar for Data Engineering teams across the industry while building a product that creates the innovators of tomorrow through technical education.
Who you are:
- You are an experienced Data Engineering professional that enjoys being in the middle of the development lifecycle
- You love exploring new technologies and keeping your own technical skills sharp while exhibiting responsibility and caution
- You have a passion for innovation, learning, and excellence
- You elevate the technical abilities of those around you
- You are an amazing communicator and effective influencer within the teams you are on
- You have a track record of being analytical, methodical, and quality driven
What you’ll do:
- Work with Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers to prepare streaming data for production use in the Pluralsight product.
- Develop a flexible infrastructure to promote Developer self-service, while promoting continuity across our overall environment.
- Maintaining a pulse on emerging technologies and discovering hidden opportunities in our environment
- Use technical expertise and experience to evaluate industry technologies and assess practice relevance
- Collaborate with Software Engineers to research and address technical needs; to roadmap and develop new solutions
- Maintain and improve standards of excellence in data engineering
Championing of continual improvement in the areas of reliability and performance
- Ensure all infrastructure is configuration managed
- Development Support
- Collaborate with the Cloud Engineering and DevOps teams, as well as Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, and Software Engineers
Experience you’ll need:
- Deep experience in stream processing, examples Spark, Flink, Kafka Streams, Kinesis Analytics
- Proficient in Scala, Java, and/or Python as well as SQL, and KSQL, Kafka
- A successful candidate will be well experienced in key areas such as AWS, and Terraform (or similar) with deep familiarity with Lambda, S3, RDS, Aurora, and Athena
- Knowledge of containerization and container
- Experience with Kubernetes and containerization to be able to support existing teams
- Ability to quickly analyze and comprehend new or unfamiliar technologies or ideas
- Experience in automation and the development of automation tools
- Ability to understand and work with distributed data systems
- Track record of interpreting requirements from Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers
Be Yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer.
Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂