Pluralsight proudly creates the creators of tomorrow: the people who develop the technology that lifts the human condition. We do this through the tech industry’s leading learning platform for serious Developer, IT, and Creative professionals. Our team of 700+ innovators and disruptors are serving over 1M users in 150+ countries to conquer the tech skills gap.
We are seeking an experienced Data Engineer to enhance building new, greenfield, learning tools, underpinned by the big data and machine learning products in Google Cloud Platform. We are a cross-functional group of builders and thinkers who are devoted to creating amazing experiences that promote the well-being and success of Pluralsight’s learners.
The metric we care most about when measuring performance is the overall health and happiness of our team. This means that everyone has an opportunity to tackle the challenges they are most interested in and ensuring their voice is heard.
Who you are:
- You have a passion for learning and creating
- You seek out mentorship, either as a mentor or mentee
- Your communication skills never leave people guessing
- You welcome hard engineering challenges
- You never compromise on your own happiness at work
Experience you’ll need:
An ideal candidate will have extensive experience developing fine-tuned data curation pipelines using technologies like SQL, Python/Java/Golang, and MapReduce, with an emphasis towards producing trusted data sets for machine learning and data analytics.
- You consider yourself a solutions expert for one of the three major cloud providers with an emphasis around big data
- You only deploy Infrastructure as Code in production, and are familiar with the tooling (Terraform/Pulumi, Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Salt)
- You have engineered continuous, automated, pipelines for management of ETL jobs, software deployments, etc
Data Pipeline / ETL
- You have experience with data streaming and batch processing dataflows, with tools such as Confluent Kafka, Apache Spark, and/or Apache Beam SDK
- You have done advanced SQL development and tuning for curating normalized and denormalized datasets
- You have a strong foundation in Computer Science with a mastery of Data Structures and Database Fundamentals
Skills that will help:
- You are familiar with graph theory and have knowledge around GraphQL, graph databases, and graph-based machine learning (Apollo, Dgraph/Neo4j)
- You have developed and deployed containerized workloads (GKE/Kubernetes experience is a plus)
- You understand GitOps workflows that supercharge the ease and speed of production deployments and are eager to automate wherever you can
- An understanding of any of the following: edge computing concepts (Distributed Systems, Cloudflare, etc), service discovery/meshes (Consul, Istio, NATS, etc), TLS/PKI (Let’s Encrypt), and Zero Trust models (BeyondCorp)
- Experience or knowledge in building datasets for machine learning and data science (TensorFlow experience also a plus)
Your relevant experience should span at least a year or two, and possibly much more! We love helping people transition into working with tools they are most interested in, especially if they have the experience and skills needed to learn challenging new technology.
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work everyday knowing we’re helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂