Duration: 1 year initial contract with extension to 2 years
Do you dream of harnessing your engineering and machine learning knowledge to enrich users’ lives? To improve their privacy and security? To expand their ecosystems by opening up models and data to the world?
If so, you should join Mozilla’s Machine Learning group as part of the three year, EU funded Bergamot Project. The goal of Bergamot is to extend Firefox with an open, on-device neural machine translation (NMT) engine, making translation local, private, and secure.
At Mozilla you will:
- Package and productize our NMT engine
- Craft pipelines to ingest, train, and test NMT models on Mozilla’s machine learning cluster
- Integrate the translation engine as an extension to Firefox
- Implement UI/UX in Firefox that exposes the NMT engine
- Conduct user testing of the Firefox/NMT engine integration
- Present internally and/or externally on progress of the project
- Craft and maintain the project’s website
Your professional profile:
- 3+ years of engineering experience
- A general understanding of deep learning
- Ability to apply engineering to pursue business problems
- Technical fluency, ability to clearly discuss solution variations and their trade-offs
- You have experience in a university or research institution setting
- You have experience publishing research articles
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.