We invite you to join Intel’s Next Generation & Standards (NGS) Group and the 5G revolution! We are a global team of passionate engineers and technologists from diverse industry backgrounds, working together to realize a world of connected computing.
Intel’s NGS team is chartered with developing advanced prototypes of various technologies to deliver innovative and state of the art wireless experiences into the market within the Internet of Things, 5G Next Generation Wearable and IoT solutions and other world-class wireless connectivity technologies and products
In this position, you will be working on advanced algorithm design, development and innovation towards the future emerging technologies in the Next Generation and Standards (NGS) group within Intel.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Research new technologies and analyze competition technologies to solve applied problems in various disciplines, including immersive media (e.g. 3DoF+, 6DoF, Point Cloud, AR and VR, etc.), Computer Vision, Data Analytics, AI/Machine learning
- Design new algorithms, review professional literature and specify solution options for emerging technologies, e.g. immersive media, machine learning/AI, etc.
- Research and development of new proprietary and standardization technical solutions for next-generation video technology (H.266/VVC, MPEG-I, H.265/HEVC, AV1, etc.)
- Support Proof-of-Concept development of emerging technologies. Implement algorithm designs in software C/C++, Python, TensorFlow and Matlab
- Software development and enhancement of MPEG reference software (HEVC/H.265, AV1, VVC, etc.) for proof-of-concept and standardization contributions
What we offer you:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and build a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As the 7th largest global company in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive and boredom-free environment, where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, or Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corp.).
- We provide unique benefits that cater to your needs: flexible work hours, private medical plan, travel medical care, life and disability insurance.
- We encourage working hard, but also playing hard! Intel employees are eligible for creative perks such as special recreation activities, discounts on various products and services, and much more.
PhD or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Video/Graphics/Image Processing, Computer Vision, Signal Processing or other related areas:
- 5+ years of experience and track record in video/media coding/compression e.g. H.264, AV1, H.265, MPEG, etc.
- 5+ years previous experience in video codec design and/or machine learning and be able to implement the design in software and simulator3+ years of experience in developing simulation using C/C++, Python, MATLAB, UNIX/Linux/MS Windows, real-time operating systems and software development tools
- Image processing, real-time computer graphics, GPU knowledge in communications and signal processing welcome
- Knowledge of machine learning and familiar with deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow, Theano, Caffe, etc. is a plus
- 5G wireless experience
Inside this Business Group
The Next Generation and Standards Group’s mission is to lead standards, ecosystem, and prototyping development efforts across Intel for advanced wireless communications IP, starting with 5G and beyond. This group brings together a panorama of competencies including standards creation, ecosystem development, use case and business development in creating advanced prototypes and technologies that propel Intel’s leadership. In addition, the group is rapidly expanding towards integration of communications and compute with new technologies and use cases including advanced end to end communication networks, autonomous driving, drones, artificial intelligence, while continuing its leadership in 5G. NGS holds all the advanced communications and compute technology assets to deliver an exciting, converged future at the center of the intelligent data explosion.
US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance….