Elastic is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Grab, Goldman Sachs, ING, Microsoft, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what’s possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join the machine learning team.
You will take responsibility for people management of a talented, multidisciplinary team comprising of data engineers, QA engineers and technical writers, who work alongside product and UI software engineers.
This team is on the front line, working with the machine learning features every day. Their insights, driven from an end-user perspective, provide valuable input that helps our current users succeed and identifies ways to improve our future users’ experiences too.
Diverse activities include such things as developing pre-packaged analytical modules, benchmarking analytical performance, curating an interesting and representative data catalogue that supports research and development, ensuring our technical documentation is easy to understand and approachable and assessing and maintaining the quality of software and analytical results at scale.
This is not just a people management position; expect to roll your sleeves up and contribute to research, data analysis, testing, documentation reviews – depending on your background.
Our engineers are from all around the globe so the ability to work within a distributed team is critical. You don’t always need to be the person with the answer or the person making the decisions, but instead should be able to guide discussions to help the team make decisions together.
What you will be doing
- Manage, mentor and lead a distributed, multidisciplinary engineering team
- Set priorities, have a plan and deliver it
- Work with product management to build customer empathy within the team
- Foster a culture of mutual respect, collaboration and consensus-based decision-making
- Promote knowledge sharing with team, organisation and community
- Support development and training through regular mentorship and performance management
- Participate in interviewing and drive hiring and significant team growth
What you will bring along
- Experience leading teams (~10 people)
- Industry experience in machine learning, data science, QA
- A real passion for data, analysis and achieving excellence
- Mathematical capabilities with an educational background in a relevant discipline such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science
- Collaborative style, open communicator, distributed experience
- Ambitious, good attention to detail and highly organized
- Your heart in the right place, a good sense of humour and a genuine interest in the people you work with
- Experience with the Elastic Stack is useful, but not mandatory
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.elastic.co.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂