Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device – the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
We’ve built a strong research team and are looking for talented Research Scientists with applied experience in the fields of Computer Vision and Machine Learning to join us. This role is best suited for scientists interested in continuing to develop new machine learning algorithms while also having a direct and immense, real-world impact.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- You’ll work alongside other research scientists, software engineers and a world-class clinical team to help develop a new suite of “intelligent” medical products.
- You’ll train various deep learning models including, but not limited to, classification, detection, segmentation, and generative adversarial networks.
- You will spend time developing new machine learning algorithms while keeping abreast of the latest advances across various labs and conferences.
- You’ll develop automated solutions for large-scale, patient-facing, clinical problems.
- Experience in Computer Vision, Machine Learning or Data Mining
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe.
- Ability to design and execute on research agenda.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- MS or PhD in Computer Science
- Relevant work experience, including full time industry experience as a researcher in a lab
- Contribution to research communities and/or efforts, including publishing papers at conferences such as CVPR, NIPS, MICCAI etc.
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage – as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation – we value our employees and show it
- Equity – we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits – we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan – we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office overlooking the Flatiron building in NYC
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.