- Emerging Technologies
Mozilla is hiring a Machine Learning Intern for our Emerging Technologies team. Emerging Technologies is Mozilla’s early research and development organization focused on the areas of voice assistants, speech and language, and mixed reality. Our headquarters are based in the Bay Area, but this internship opportunity is at our Berlin Office.
We are engineers, designers, makers, and problem solvers. We work in the fishbowl known as the open source community, with a clear focus on making the Web better. Working with us, you’ll help build interesting new features, improve Mozilla products, and explore new product directions. To be part of the team, we ask that you be user centered, technically-curious, and excited to be moving the Mozilla mission forward.
As a part of our Mozilla Internship Program, you will:
- Impact challenging projects in our Firefox web browser (accessibility, voice design, developer tools, mobile, and mixed reality), Rust, Pocket, and more
- Be mentored by a fellow teammate and someone who shares the same values
- Do real work on real projects and make contributions that will impact hundreds of millions of users
- Participate in social events with your fellow interns (amusement parks, ice cream and boba socials, board game nights, escape rooms, and painting parties)
- Meet with Mozilla leaders including our CEO, Executive Chairwoman, CPO, Chief R&D Officer, CMO, and Executive Foundation Director
- Present your work to Mozilla leaders and fellow team members
- Market competitive pay
- Catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Housing service or housing stipend provided
- Flights and ground transportation to and from internship
- Work visas sponsored
- Attendance at our bi-annual All Hands Meeting
Application and Interview Process
- Recruiting begins in September, and we hire on a rolling basis through March. While there is no set application deadline, we do have a limited number of positions open each year, so please apply early!
- Locations include Mountain View, San Francisco, Toronto, Berlin, and Paris. Please refer to our internship listings for specific locations offered by position.
- Process starts with a resume review followed by a HackerRank challenge (technical) or document submission (non-technical).
- Upon passing, you will partake in two technical and behavioral interviews with team members (coding and situational questions are fair game) followed by a hiring manager interview and ultimately, an offer decision.
We have a position open on the following team:
Deep Learning TTS Research Engineering Intern (Berlin, Germany)
We are a small team tackling machine learning’s toughest problems. Primarily concentrating on deep learning algorithms, we tackle problems related to STT (speech to text), TTS (text to speech), NMT (neural machine translation), NLU (natural-langue understanding), and more. We’re looking for an intern to work on deep learning TTS algorithms and to improve Mozilla’s TTS system.
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline with a focus on software development
- Must be currently enrolled in university with graduation dates starting December 2020 and onward or have graduated from a Coding Academy within last year
- Proficiency in Python, Unix/Linux
- Experience with TensorFlow
- Up to date on the latest deep learning research
- A thorough understanding of deep learning algorithms
- Technical fluency—ability to clearly discuss algorithms, architectures, and trade-offs
- Experience in systems software and algorithms
- Understanding of Web Tracking, Machine Learning or Cryptographic concepts
- Ability to quickly learn and be effective with a large code base
- Experience with writing and publishing academic papers
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Strong communication and social skills
- Reasonable fluency in and passion for technology
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Familiarity with how to access and employ a variety of resources
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data, multi-task, and produce results independently and collaboratively in a team
Note that this is a long wishlist of qualifications: if you feel you have some but not all of these skills, but you are interested, please do apply anyway.
**Please include a cover letter describing your research topic and/or dissertation topic and relevant project choice/area of interest.**
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.
To apply for this job please visit careers.mozilla.org.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂