IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
A Healthcare Senior software engineer defines technical objectives and direction and is responsible for providing technical leadership and vision to programmers with a focus on healthcare software. One needs the ability to conduct project tasks with minimal supervision and have general knowledge of research techniques, conduct programming projects write reports, and devise data input strategies. You also need extensive experience designing and implementing machine learning, NLP, and deep learning solution.
This position is located in Silver Spring, MD.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Senior software engineer defines technical objectives and direction. Is responsible for providing technical leadership and vision to programmers and serves as “FDA Labor Category Description.
- Ability to conduct project tasks with minimal supervision.
- General knowledge of research techniques.
- Conduct programming projects with minimal supervision, write reports, and devise data input strategies.
- Extensive experience designing and implementing machine learning, NLP, and deep learning solutions.
- Experience working with healthcare data (e.g., EHR/claims/clinical/common data models).
- Experience with the following languages and tools: python, scikit-learn, NLP tools (NLTK or spaCy).
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with OHDSI OMOP, FDA CBER, NLP on doctors notes, and adverse event detection.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ibm.com.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂