Junior Data Analyst
ProtonMail was born at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in 2013 when a group of scientists and engineers envisioned an email service that empowers people to own their private data and keeps them safe from mass surveillance. Since then, ProtonMail has become the world’s largest secure email provider, with over 20 million users and a profitable business model. Our mission extends beyond email: we’re building a better Internet through other privacy-focused services, including ProtonVPN, ProtonCalendar, and ProtonDrive. We are looking for passionate people to join our growing team and help us build a suite of security tools that safeguard privacy online build a better Internet.
We are looking for a data analyst with a strong coding background to play a significant role in establishing our data platform. The analyst will collaborate with multiple teams throughout the company to use data, with a focus on web analytics, to provide analyses and visualizations that will inform data-driven decisions. You will also lead the effort to improve our data visualization tools and adapt them to the needs of the company, becoming the in-house expert.
What you will do:
- Assemble, clean, and manage large, complex datasets
- Use data to produce dashboards and reports for a wide array of stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Marketing team (including SEO and PR) to obtain insights on the usage of our products and the outcome of our marketing campaigns through custom web analytics
- Become the in-house expert on visualization tools, contributing to open source projects and creating new visualizations as needed for the data team
- Contribute to ongoing data cataloging efforts
- Two or more years of experience working with and analyzing large, complex datasets
- Experience using Python and good knowledge of at least one visualization library
- Masters of Science or higher degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, computer science, etc.
- Background in Spark and SQL
- Strong analytical skills
- Basic understanding of business intelligence, marketing KPIs, and web analytics
Why work at ProtonMail?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
To apply for this job please visit careers.protonmail.com.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂