Website OLX Group
We are looking for a Junior Data Engineer to join the Operations Excellence team in Lisbon.
As a Junior Data Engineer you will focus on working with an integration framework already in place for Europe’s’ business and adapt and optimize it to other Regions, starting from building the architecture which will serve these realities and ending in building the data structures which will feed operational needs as well as analysis needs, all of this supported by a team of Data Engineers. You will also be empowered to make recommendations to the Operations Excellence Data Lead which will result in a direct impact in the current integration framework.
We’re a team of 5,000 ambitious, curious people building marketplace platforms that make it super easy for anyone to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
What you will be doing:
- Build efficient and reliable ETL pipelines to bring the data into our core data lake
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business
- Implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising
data delivery, etc
- Build processes for extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of
data sources using Python, SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data
- Research opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data
- Build Data Quality processes
- Respond to alerts and internal customer requests for data and analytics support
Who we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in
Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative
field. Also have experience using the following software/tools:
○ Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc
○ Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and
○ Experience with AWS cloud services: Redshift, S3, Athena, Spectrum
○ Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python,
Java, C++, Scala, etc
- SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring
(SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience in working with ‘big data’ data pipelines and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal data and processes to identify
opportunities for improvement
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency
and workload management
- Experience in manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected
- Willingness to travel
What we will give you:
- Competitive salary and good benefits, fun working environment with inspiring, passionate, smart colleagues
- An opportunity to work at a global level and solve for talent challenges across geographies
- A positive, get-things-done working environment
- A dynamic, constantly evolving work environment (change is par for the course – important you are comfortable with this)
- Company mobile phone, laptop and other tools you might need
- OLX is part of the OLX Group, a global product and tech company with +20 brands, +5000 people and one mindset.
- Our mission is to help people upgrade their lives. We make it super easy for people to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
- Every month 350 million people use our market-leading trading platforms. We’re going for a billion. We estimate that 17 million things are exchanged on our apps and platforms every single month.
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100 year-old company.
- We bring together teams to collaborate in an inclusive environment where all voices are heard.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change.
- We are part of Naspers, a global internet group and one of the largest technology investors in the world. Around a fifth of the world’s population improve their daily lives using the products and services of companies that Naspers operates and invests in.
If you are as excited as us about this position and our company, we hope you join us! If you’d like to learn more about the OLX Group take a look at the other parts of our website. And remember, we are an equal opportunities employer.