Tesla Motors is an aggressive young automotive and energy company based in the San Francisco Bay Area and currently building a battery factory, Gigafactory 3, in Shanghai.
Manufacturing Engineering is responsible for designing the equipment, processes and data systems of Tesla’s production lines. Improving our systems through the application of experimental findings is crucial for Manufacturing Engineering to continue to improve the quality of our increasingly complicated and increasingly tuned production lines. This role collaborates with other members of Manufacturing Engineering to improve our most-difficult manufacturing processes and equipment through data science, experimentation and modeling to drive tangible optimizations to the production environment. In addition to designing new processes with Manufacturing Engineers, the Data Scientist defines and documents standard techniques for scientific research in the manufacturing environment. The Data Scientist also trains others to improve the sophistication and effectiveness of their scientific investigations within the organization.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Review academic and industry literature for applicable knowledge.
- Design and maintain well-structured rational database schemas
- Create automated ETL pipelines for a variety of raw manufacturing data sources
- Research and develop new data storage architectures for growing data volumes
- Design experiments to generate empirical optimizations.
- Analyze existing in-process data to Inform process development by analyzing equipment in-process data to understand the mechanisms of root causes.
- Build mathematical models to accelerate future optimizations.
- Determine what and how data should be collected on new production lines.
- Identify novel techniques for instrumenting equipment to better control process.
- Determine product characterizations methods for durability testing.
- Educate others on statistical analysis and scientific investigation.
- Collaborate daily with other members of Manufacturing Engineering.
- PhD or MS in engineering, physics, mathematics, or equivalent.
- Excels in experimental design.
- Excels in data-driven optimizations.
- Excels in documentation of research and results.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with data analysis languages such as R, Python, SQL, Matlab and/or SAS.
- Proficiency in statistics and data visualization.
- Proficiency creating process documentation.
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Knowledgeable about production quality metrics a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂