Moving Mobility Forward
Aptiv is making mobility real. We’re at the forefront of solving mobility’s toughest challenges. We have the people, experience, know-how and confidence to turn ideas into solutions. Solutions that move our world from what’s now to what’s next, while connecting us like never before. To us, nothing is impossible when you have the people with the passion to make anything possible. Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility.
Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here’s your opportunity. Join the technology company that’s transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions, which enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Aptiv has 150,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers, in 45 countries. Visit aptiv.com
About Advanced Safety & User Experience
Advanced Safety and User Experience provides critical components, systems and advanced software for passenger safety, security, comfort and infotainment, as well as vehicle operation, including body controls, and connectivity systems, passive and active safety electronics, and displays. We enable Aptiv to be a world leader in Advanced Driver Assistance programs and automated driving. Divisional HQ: Wuppertal, Germany
About this position
We seek for a highly talented data scientist working with experts from around the globe to build world class machine learning systems for real products.
Responsibilities and duties
- Responsibility for data handling
- Creating a solid and robust toolchain to organize, maintain and use data from various projects
- Define and use metrics to quantify the performance of next generation vehicle Software Systems
- Quantify the performance of next generation machine learning systems using proven metrics
- Provide estimates and insights about required and missing data
- Mine for outliers to create world class machine learning systems
- Master degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or related field
- Fluent in a modern programming language, such as C++, Python, R (and their related data processing, Machine Learning, and visualization libraries)
- Experience in deep learning and / or other modern machine learning methods
- Good analytical skills
- Good communcation and writing skills
- Very good English language skills and preferably proficient German language skills
- Practical experience in data science, statistics and analysis of large data sets
- Experience using data modeling tools to visualize data
- Automotive experience
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.