At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Cloudflare’s Engineering Team builds and runs the software that handles requests on the Internet today. We also build and run the internal tools that builds and runs our software. The Engineering Team is split into two groups: one handles product development and the other handles operations. Product development covers both new features and functionality and scaling our existing software to meet the challenges of a massively growing customer base. The operations team handles one of the world’s largest networks with data centers in 102 cities worldwide.
About the Team
Our team is responsible for building security products and solutions that help our customers filter out unwanted internet traffic. We do so by leveraging the enormous amount of internet traffic we have in deriving deep and meaningful data insights, and by designing and leveraging machine learning models and other techniques that can operate on high volume and velocity of data with high precision, performance and scalability.
We are looking for a strong data scientist to come join Cloudflare and help us drive predictive analytic insights and best practices at scale from the ground up. This is a high visibility role and success in this role comes from marrying a strong data & modeling background with security acumen especially in fraud and malicious activity detection.
What we look for: Predictive Modeling techniques, Machine Learning, Model creation and deployment, Storytelling and Visualization, Cross-functional Collaboration, Creative Problem solving, Agile
About your Role
- Partner with product managers, data engineers, machine learning engineers and other key stakeholders in understanding the need for data insights and predictive analytics in the area of security and fraud detection in a globally distributed environment.
- Understand data landscape i.e tooling, tech stack, source systems etc. and work closely with the data engineers and machine learning engineers to improve the data collection and quality.
- Understand business/product strategy and high-level roadmap and align analysis efforts to enable them with data insights and help achieve their strategic goals.
- Strong audience focused presentation and storytelling skills focused on key takeaways in a crisp and concise manner.
- Define, implement, and train statistical, machine learning, and deep learning models.
- Use software engineering best practices to publish model scores/insights/learnings at scale within the company.
- Ability to define and spot macro and micro levels trends with statistical significance on a regular basis and understand key drivers driving those trends.
- M.S or Ph.D in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative field.
- Strong experience in scientific computing using Python or Scala.
- Experience with Spark, SQL, Tableau, Google Analytics, Hive and BigQuery (or any other Big data/Cloud equivalent) etc.
- Experience working with and processing structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data.
- Work closely with data engineering team to ensure robust data pipelines and model deployment.
- Proven track record of applying data insights and machine learning in order to address business needs and drive revenue.
- 5+ years of data scientist experience with proven industry experience in a large scale environment (PBs scale, globally distributed teams).
- Strong communication and presentation skills catered to different audience within the company.
- Capable of working closely with business, engineering, and product teams to ensure data initiatives are aligned with business needs.
- Strong data analytical skills, taking initiative in deriving data insights and thread intelligence, and proposing models and solutions that can lead to quick and effective proof-of-concept (POC).
- Experience in cyber security, fraud detection, internet & networking protocols
- Experience in productionizing machine learning models
- Familiarity writing and optimizing advanced SQL queries in Clickhouse
- Good Linux/UNIX systems knowledge
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂