What You’ll Do
As a Data Scientist, you will have technical discussion on projects. You’ll help us evaluate new and emerging technologies and determine applicability to current and future projects. You will architect, design and develop new machine learning-based software products, help drive projects to completion, be involved in defining system technical use cases and architecture specification in alignment with business/product requirements.
Who You’ll Work With
The Cisco Customer Experience Platform(CXP) is transforming the future of the world’s networks through advanced software development. Our software products and technology are behind many of the world’s most innovative businesses, leading Cisco’s growth in multiple markets. CXP develops products that leverage technologies from leading-edge capabilities like big data, analytics, Machine learning. Pioneering agile methodology, CXP is building a customer-centric culture with self-contained and motivated teams that have clear visibility to our customers. Our team, CXP Innovation Lab, defines a strategic direction related to data to value technologies across the Cisco Customer Experience(CX) organization. The CXP Innovation Lab team develops systems of insights in the area of IoT, Cloud, Data Center, Network and Service Provider. We are excited to have you join our team of experienced developers to work on projects that have global impact on the CX organization. In these projects, data scientists collaborate closely with the business strategy, product management as well as engineering and the execution teams.
Who You Are
You’ve got a strong background in machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, neural networking and system architecture and design. You have deep knowledge of software systems development background, of open source cloud technologies and application platforms and are a strategic thinker (system level) that can look at the big picture, abstract workflows and provide technical assistance in technology to be used at the strategic level. If so, we’re looking for you!
Our Minimum Requirements are:
* Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
* 5+ years of experience in building large scale, high performance, high availability systems and Strong Computer Science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures)
* Experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop and other frameworks in Hadoop ecosystem, Elasticsearch, etc.)
* Working experience with Microservices, Container and Streaming technologies
* Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches, operations research and optimization algorithms
* Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high dimensionality data from varying sources
* Fluency and facility with one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Scala, Python.
* Knowledge of tools such as SPARK, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, HDFS, HBase
* Exposure to machine learning, Deep Learning and Neural Networks
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of internal technology teams and business teams
* Passion for answering hard questions with data
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere – From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone – We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAre