We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team in London. We are all about making construction more predictable via a comprehensive understanding of plan outcomes, and a crucial part of that is being able to deliver deep insights for very large construction schedules. We’re working with some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world, which means an opportunity to have true impact on the world around us.
You’ll be solving some meaningful and interesting problems, with a strong technical team:
- Maintain and grow our database of over 200M construction tasks
- Explore our dataset to find insights from historical data
- Create visualisations of these insights and report them back to the business
- Create your own tools to automate the insight discovery process
- Build tools to enable our clients to export data efficiently to our platform
- Participate in setting the direction of the product
- Help other team members through peer code reviews
We need you to have:
- Strong knowledge of Python, including pandas, numpy, visualisation tools like matplotlib or ggplot, and jupyter notebooks
- Familiar working with Git in engineering teams
- Degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Maths / Data Science or another numerate discipline
- A desire to build something that can completely revolutionise how someone goes about their job
- (bonus) contributions to relevant open source projects;
- (bonus) an understanding of machine learning and document embeddings
The typical nPlanauts are:
- generally curious about the world
- serious, without taking themselves too seriously
- able to define their own work
- proactive about improving the world around them
- open-minded about new technical ideas
- willing to change their mind on the basis of the evidence
What working at nPlan will be like:
- There is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the company, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you’re from.
- We consider engineering quality of paramount value and will always strive for the best solution to a problem.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all sorts of backgrounds and countries.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as a peer.
- Everyone in the company has the same opportunity. Your success will only ever depend on your contribution to the company, and how well the company is doing.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.