We are seeking an innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric scientist to drive expansion of innovative ML solutions globally in the Customer and Marketing space for Amazon Fashion. As a Scientist, you will be responsible for modeling complex problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, machine learning, algorithmic, data mining and visualization techniques. You will need to collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to solve problems, create operational efficiencies, and deliver successfully against high organizational standards. The candidate should be able to apply a breadth of tools, data sources and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact business questions and present the insights in concise and effective manner. Additionally, the candidate should be an effective communicator capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to non-technical audiences.
In this role you will be expected to –
· Use predictive analytics and machine learning techniques to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
· Employ the appropriate algorithms to discover customer behavior, marketing channel attribution and customer product preferences
· Solve analytical problems, and effectively communicate methodologies and results
· Build predict models to forecast risks for product launches and operations
· Draw inferences and conclusions, and create dashboards and visualizations of processed data, identify trends, anomalies
· Work closely with internal stakeholders such as business teams, engineering teams, and partner teams and align them with respect to your focus area
· Master’s Degree in any quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Operational Research, or a related quantitative field
· 3+ years of experience working in Analytics / Business Intelligence environment
· 3+ years professional experience in modeling and statistical analysis of large data sets
· Proven experience in working with databases and SQL in a business environment
· Demonstrated use of analytical packages and query languages such as SAS, SPSS and SQL
· Proven experience in design and execution of analytical projects
· Demonstrated experience working in large scale databases and data warehouses
· Track record of developing and implementing models using programming and scripting (Java, Python, R, Ruby, C/C++, or Matlab)
· A Master’s in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
· 5+ years of experience working in data science in a consumer product company
· Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, deep learning, recommendation systems, dialogue systems, information retrieval, XGBoost, LightGBM, ElasticNet.
· Skilled with R, SAS, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language
· Functional knowledge of AWS platforms such as S3, Glue, Athena, Sagemaker.
· Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
· Advanced knowledge and expertise with Data modelling skills, Advanced SQL with Oracle, MySQL, and Columnar Databases
· Ability to manage and quantify improvement in customer experience or value for the business resulting from research outcomes
· Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Database and/or Data Warehousing, Data Sciences and Big Data processing.
· Deep understanding of data, application, server, and network security
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂