Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we’re out to transform transportation logistics through technology, and our multimillion-dollar commitment to IT underscores its importance to our vision. Our Technology Associates are on the cutting edge of that transformation. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to explore what’s next in IT, software engineering, cybersecurity, QA, data science, UX/UI and more. We take pride in helping our employees grow and learn. Become the technology leader you’re meant to be, by building tomorrow’s technology today.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation. This 10-12 week summer internship program will take place in Chicago, IL during summer 2020.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Report to the Director of Software Engineering
- Partner with leadership and product managers to understand business needs and align those to potential data and analytics efforts
- Gather and integrate data from various sources for data wrangling
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends, patterns and relationships in complex data sets and to build machine learning models
- Prepare findings in a professional manner, presenting on results and providing actionable insights and recommendations to leadership
- Promote a data-driven culture through an ongoing partnership and dialog with the business
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Background or education in a related field
- 2 years of relevant coursework
It’d be great if you also have:
- Class status as a junior (3rd year) or greater
- Proficiency with SQL, Python and Tensorflow
- Strong knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical modeling to solve business problems
- Knowledge of statistical modeling techniques, including linear/logistic regression (advanced predictor selection techniques), classification (decision trees, random forests), Support Vector Machines (SVMs), neural networks, etc.
- Ability to be open-minded and receptive to feedback in an intellectually rigorous environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to identify and resolve problems
- Good verbal and written communication skills; excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago