Are you passionate about customer success?
Caterpillar provides solutions to its customers far beyond the initial equipment sale. Services provided to customers after purchase leverage their connected equipment and our outstanding field technology, and decades of product, service and application expertise to enhance performance. Caterpillar’s Global Aftermarket Services Division (GASD) exist to support enterprise efforts to deliver value-added services to customers. Working alongside our dealers, we serve customer needs throughout the product lifecycle.
Services is where we are investing our time, talent and money because they drive value for our customers by reducing total owning and operating costs. If you have a passion for helping customers succeed, now is a great time to join GASD.
As a Data Engineer, you will join a team of passionate people in a complex data environment, working on meeting the need for complete, accurate, timely and secure aftermarket data. You’ll support the needs of user teams across Caterpillar’s Global Aftermarket Services Division while being an expert on data architecture, quality and operations to deliver and maintain data that help us better understand our business and customers. You’ll turn data into a craft and a discipline that returns increasing value at Caterpillar.
By joining the Aftermarket Data Analytics team, your contributions will drive the next generation of decision making and action taking in Global Aftermarket Solutions at Caterpillar. You will make a difference by:
• Driving our Data strategy
• Achieving Data integrity, security & accessibility targets
• Transforming our data processes
• Advising users & analysts
• Collaborate with a multi-regional team to solve complex problems by using a wide variety of cutting-edge technology
• Build ETL pipelines to populate a unified data warehouse that serves the Aftermarket
• Combine data from multiple different sources into complete data sets that are useful to the Aftermarket
• Develop a strong functional knowledge of the business context of our data
• Support the Global Aftermarket Services Division users with technical issues, performance and design enhancements, and general questions about our data
• Bachelors Degree
• Database & SQL experience
• Python programming experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Analytics, or related fields
• Previous role as a data engineer, IT Engineer, IT analyst, software developer, or data analyst
• 2+ years of experience working with ETL pipelines
• 2+ years software development experience with object-oriented programming languages, preferably Python
• Knowledge of version control systems: Git, Azure Devops, Bitbucket
• Knowledge of AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, S3, RDS, Glue
• Knowledge of data pipeline management tools: Airflow, Luigi, Tidal
• Knowledge of data blending tools: Alteryx, Matillion, Attunity
• Previous experience with the Snowflake database management system
• Previous Windows or Linux server administration experience
• Previous experience working with open source software projects
• Experience gathering business requirements and converting them into technical deliverables
• Experience authoring technical process documentation
• Demonstrated analytical ability, judgment, and problem analysis techniques
• Experience working with the Agile project management methodology
• Great verbal and written communication skills to collaborate cross functionally
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
To apply for this job please visit caterpillarcareers.ttcportals.com.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂