Who is Geotab:
Geotab, a global leader in IoT and connected transportation, collects rich location, engine and vehicle behavior data to provide valuable insights for customers. Geotab is deployed worldwide in over 130 countries and is utilized by more than 40,000 customers to collect data from immovable assets through to large trucks and the latest available electric vehicles. Global demand for telematics is increasing and Geotab is rising to the challenge. Are you ready for the challenge? If so, visit us at www.geotab.com/careers or follow us on @InsideGeotab.
Who are we looking for:
We are always looking for amazing talent to join our fast-growing an industry best Data and Analytics team. Geotab is actively seeking a person who has studied computer science, software engineering or a related degree at a university level who, with training, will be able to quickly contribute to the team. The ideal person should really love technology, be passionate about the realm of big data and data science, and be keen to join a leading edge technology firm – if you feel like we have described you, then we would love to hear from you!
What are the details of this position:
You will work on Geotab’s Data and Analytics team and be a crucial part of producing insight from Geotab’s big data environment, which streams and ingests 2.5 billion data records per day from over 1.2 million vehicles in 85 countries across the globe. This technical department is constantly producing deep analysis and insight into Geotab’s data infrastructure leveraging machine learning techniques. Your job is (a) to help support the existing big data infrastructure on Google BigQuery ensuring that data is continuously and promptly available for analysis by our data science team, and (b) devise new methodologies and infrastructure for reconstructing and enriching data at scale. Part of this position is also to support internal users who leverage the big data environment to upload additional data sets as a key subject matter expert. You efforts will contribute to the great team mandate to deliver derivative big data products and solutions to Geotab customers and partners.
Duties and Tasks of this Position:
- Assist in the support and maintenance of Geotab’s existing big data infrastructure on Google BigQuery
- Assist in development of new data ingestion and management platform and ongoing support
- Develop processes and alert systems to monitor the health of Geotab’s big data infrastructure (Java or C#)
- Develop processes to enrich Geotab’s big data with tertiary data at scale
- Work with data scientists to understand data processing needs and develop infrastructure solutions to support these initiatives
- Create and maintain documentation for architecture, requirements, and process flows
- Supporting internal Geotab teams to assist with data integration with newly developed big data platform
- Use SQL and Python to interact with Geotab’s big data infrastructure as needed for data engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other related degree
- Experience working with big data tools and streaming processes (i.e. such as Google BigQuery, streaming inserts, etc.)
- Experience with message queueing systems (such as Pub/Sub, Kafka) at large scale
- 2+ years SQL experience (experience with Google BigQuery an asset)
- Experience with container orchestration (leveraging tools like Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience working closely with data science teams to arrive at data infrastructure solutions that are optimized for scale
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts an asset
What makes our staff passionate about Geotab?
Table Tennis at the office! Bring your own bat!
Great accommodation (height adjustable desks)
Light breakfast served daily (cereals, bars and fresh fruit)
Hot lunch or fresh sandwiches served every Friday
Geotab sponsored sports teams, dress up days, fun social events
Full medical benefits & 4% company matching retirement savings plan
Our Core Values:
Geotabbers innovate and seek creative ways to continuously improve. Collaboration and teamwork defines the way we work. We love being ahead of the curve, using leading technology, and being agile in every way we do business. We work hard, and we definitely play hard. From the CEO – to the staff – there is an open-door policy for all of us to freely communicate. Geotabbers are dynamic, and enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment. We own our work and take responsibility in a true entrepreneurial spirit!
Geotab encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Geotab is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities throughout the interview, selection and employment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at (416) – 434 4309.
To apply for this job please visit www.geotab.com.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂