Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Data Architect who is passionate about defining the data flows and needs of complex systems. Flex, the first fully programmable cloud contact center integrates both native Twilio services and well as serving up a pluggable infrastructure that allows partners and customers to extend and customize the platform for their unique needs. This role will serve as the Data Architect across the global Flex R&D organization defining data flows and models that accurately reflect that data needs of the entire multi-channel contact center experience. This role works closely with Product Managers, Flex Architect, and engineering teams to ensure that proper understanding of customer data needs and data flows are translated into consumable models that result in engineering solutions that delight customers with the availability of their contact center data accurately and with low-latency.
Twilio is looking for a seasoned technical leader with a demonstrated track record of building, optimizing and maintaining conceptual and logical data models. We seek someone with:
- A track record of translating customer requirements into a definition of data flows.
- Experience designing scalable database solutions for distributed systems that serve all facets of data needs from low-latency (<2 seconds) for on demand reporting to long-lived historical reporting
- Experience developing migration plans of data from legacy systems and services
- Data storage design and implementation experience in cloud native technologies (Kafka, Snowflake, Kudu, druid)
- Experience developing data retention and compliance rules for compliance environments such as GDPR and HIPAA
- Have the ability to balance long-term objectives with urgent short-term needs
- Domain Expertise in contact center technologies highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science related field or relevant experience
In this role, you will:
- Work with product management and customers to define the full lifecycle of data requirements and flows for the multi-channel Flex contact center.
- Based on derived requirements build an as-is and to-be data model and corresponding migration plan
- Design effective data solutions and models that control the data flow through the entire contact center
- Define appropriate data storage solutions in collaboration with Flex and Database Architects that satisfy scale, aggregation, and latency requirements
- Define technical specifications for building reporting and data exposure in Flex UI to customers (on-demand, historical reporting)
- Collaborate with global engineering team on education and proper implementation and use of defined data models
- As part of a global team, some travel will be required to work in person with teams in the US and Europe. But this should be occasional and not exceed 10%
The Flex product is central to Twilio’s vision to serve the developer community. It is the contact center platform of the future, enabling customers to have a fully customizable contact center solution. We serve both enterprise customers as well as the developers that work to customize their Flex solution.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
While we would be happy to have you join in our Denver office at 1801 California Ave, this is a remote friendly job opening. While working remote, you will still enjoy our incredible perks: monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂