Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Are you an experienced Computer Vision doer capable of inventing new technology at the intersection of Computer Vision, Deep Learning and Robotics?
We’re looking for an experienced CV Scientist who will research, design, and implement computer vision solutions to solve complex, real world problems at Amazon Robotics.
· Strong track record in Computer Science and Computer Vision
· Hands-on experience in modeling and analysis
· Hands-on experience in software development and Computer Vision
· Strong algorithm development experience
· Skills with Python, C++, Java and/or other programming languages
· PhD in Computer Science, Computer Vision Machine Learning, Statistics or a related quantitative field
· 2+ years of practical experience applying CV to solve complex problems in industry
· Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, deep learning, image processing, feature detection, segmentation, structure from motion, 3D reconstruction, image-based rendering, recognition
· Peer reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences
· Proficiency in more than one more major programming languages (C++, Java, or similar) and at least one scripting language (R, Python, or similar)
· Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis
· Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high customer impact
· Experience with defining research and development practices in an applied environment
· Proven track record in technically leading and mentoring
· Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state and federal laws.