Moving Mobility Forward
Aptiv is making mobility real. We’re at the forefront of solving mobility’s toughest challenges. We have the people, experience, know-how and confidence to turn ideas into solutions. Solutions that move our world from what’s now to what’s next, while connecting us like never before. To us, nothing is impossible when you have the people with the passion to make anything possible. Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility.
Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here’s your opportunity. Join the technology company that’s transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions, which enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Aptiv has 150,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers, in 45 countries. Visit aptiv.com
About Advanced Safety & User Experience
Advanced Safety and User Experience provides critical components, systems and advanced software for passenger safety, security, comfort and infotainment, as well as vehicle operation, including body controls, and connectivity systems, passive and active safety electronics, and displays. We enable Aptiv to be a world leader in Advanced Driver Assistance programs and automated driving. Divisional HQ: Wuppertal, Germany
About this position
Good perception is essential to extract the necessary information about the environment for future autonomous vehicles. We are looking for excellent research scientists that are willing to define and develop class leading next-generation vision / LIDAR or radar processing systems with hands-on spirit to bring systems from requirements to prototype staditum and into final series production.
We offer the chance to work in a challenging technical environment where science is transferred into real products. You can work together with an international team with technical experts from around the globe to develop new sensors, applications and platforms to define the future automotive technology.
- Master or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or related field
- Professional experience with one or more of the following: Computer vision, Radar signal processing, LIDAR point cloud processing, deep learning and other machine learning methods, object tracking and temporal fusion methods, SLAM, optical flow or visual odometry methods
- Experience in working with C/C++
- Good communcation and writing skills
- Very good English language skills and preferably proficient German language skills
- Experience in developing software as part of a team
- Experience in the field of automotive or other real-time and embedded systems
- Autonomous Driving or ADAS experience
- Knowledge in formal software development methods as well as familiarity with an agile development process
- Experience with deep learning toolkits like Theano, Tensor Flow, etc.
- Familiarity with Matlab, Python, CUDA, Git, CMake, continuous integration tool
- Proven track record of publications in relevant conferences (CVPR, NIPS, ICCV, ICRA, Fusion, …)
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.