Here at BenchSci, we accelerate drug discovery by using machine learning to facilitate successful experiments. We’re backed by Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI fund, and built by life scientists for life scientists. We’ve become the world leader in AI-assisted antibody selection, and we’re growing!
As a key member of the Science team, the Biomedical Data Analyst will apply their scientific knowledge and research expertise for the analysis of data generated by various BenchSci machine learning algorithms.
Every week, you’ll dedicate a minimum of 15hrs/week to:
- Analyzing and categorizing biomedical product data collected from suppliers of scientific reagents.
- Labelling biomedical data for machine learning training.
- Other related tasks to audit and improve biomedical reagent and experimental data.
What we’re looking for:
- Current Ph.D. or MSc. students in any life sciences discipline
- The candidate should possess sufficient knowledge and research experience in molecular biology
- The candidate must possess knowledge in gene/protein nomenclatures and be familiar with open proteomic databases such as UniProt.
- The candidate must have experience or be familiar with molecular research techniques including, but not limited to:
- Antibody methods (Western Blotting, Immunofluorescence, ELISA, etc.)
- DNA manipulation (Cloning, Transfection, CRISPR, etc.)
- Functional assays (Drug inhibition, Protein activation, Knockdown, etc)
What you get:
- Competitive pay at a well-funded startup
- An opportunity to help transform and improve scientific research with a fun, energetic, and supportive team
- Flexible hours and opportunity to work remotely
What we value:
- Freedom and accountability: We do not want or have time to micromanage
- Hard work: We have an amazing and rare opportunity to make an impact and we work hard to make sure we capture it
- No bullshit, no politics, just results
- Diversity: All four of our co-founders are immigrants to Canada, and we’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment and encouraging fresh perspectives and ideas
We empower the world’s scientists to run more successful experiments to accelerate drug discovery.
With a 50% failure rate, inappropriate antibodies waste millions of research dollars and delay novel therapies by months. BenchSci’s AI solves this problem by continuously reading biomedical papers like a PhD biologist to understand which antibodies have been successfully used in which experiments. Unlike traditional antibody search tools, BenchSci uses comprehensive data, proprietary machine learning models, sophisticated bioinformatics and ontologies, proprietary image recognition technology, and a unique interface to increase confidence in antibody selection. This reduces the cost of research and increases its impact for over 31,000 scientists at more than 3,600 academic institutions and 15 of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies that trust BenchSci to guide their experiment design.
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
Focused: We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.
Advancement: We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.
Speed: We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product and our mission lose their value.
Tenacity: What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people, and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.
Transparency: We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
BenchSci is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment. All four of our cofounders are immigrants to Canada, as are many of our employees. We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas.