ProtonMail was started by scientists and engineers from CERN in 2013 to make end-to-end encrypted email as easy to use as Gmail. Since then, we have grown to become the world’s premier secure email service with over 10 million users and a profitable business model. We are rapidly scaling our talented teams to improve our core email product as well as to build an entire suite of web services that safeguards privacy in the digital age.
While the open nature of email is great for interoperability, accessibility and freedom from centralized control, it also creates challenging spam and abuse problems. For instance, a significant percentage of incoming emails to ProtonMail users are spam, some of which are dangerous phishing attacks. Also, as a free email service open to all, ProtonMail inevitably attracts signups from bad actors who abuse our excellent email delivery and reputation.
You will join a growing abuse team to build and operate sophisticated anti-spam and anti-abuse systems. This team contains a mix of senior software engineers and devops/site reliability engineers.
Your work will directly improve the user experience and digital security of millions
of people around the world. You should have extensive experience designing and developing real-time analysis and prediction systems.
What you will do:
- Improve our abuse detection and prevention systems (bulk signups, compromised accounts)
- Fight spam, including internal end-to-end encrypted emails
- Protect users against various attacks and prevent compromised accounts
- Train abuse desk team to effectively respond to abuse and to help affected users
- Automate, deploy, monitor, and troubleshoot critical anti-abuse systems
Why work at ProtonMail?
- Startup culture where everyone’s opinion matters and can have a significant impact
- We work on interesting, challenging problems. Each day you will face a new issue, and there is never a dull moment
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement
- Do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world
- Experienced with data analysis and machine learning (anomaly detection, time series, clustering, NLP)
- Bonus: worked with big data storage and web services (MySQL, Redis, Kafka, Elasticsearch)
ProtonMail is using Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties.
Keep in mind that you will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.
To apply for this job please visit careers.protonmail.com.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂