A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
On Mozilla’s Marketing team, data is the primary mechanism for making decisions. Analytics and experimentation are the core of our business. Our team is committed to answering the question – how do we build and maintain the internet as a public resource? We are collecting and processing terabytes of data a day from hundreds of millions of users to help us determine how. We could use your help.
You are an inquisitive thinker who is keen to practice analytics, with experience ranging from designing and engineering data extraction processes to finding patterns and anomalies in data through analytical techniques. You have strong interest in honing your technical skills further on a wide variety of real-world data. You believe that data science can lead to insights that can guide the future of Mozilla’s marketing. You will apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, statistical modeling, and data visualization to see beyond the numbers and understand how our worldwide community experiences our products.
As an Analyst in Mozilla’s Marketing team, you will be:
You’ll be working with a hardworking group of data scientists, engineers, and developers both paid and volunteer, to make the Web a better place, and impact the everyday lives of hundreds of millions of users.
- You’ll be responsible for the administration of mobile experiments using a combination of app store and in product communication tools
- You’ll help executives make strategic decisions and agile team leads make tactical decisions that drive the business
- You’ll help design and analyze experiments to optimize user acquisition and retention
- You’ll improve the performance of our campaigns by executing experimentation agendas and wrap reporting
- You’ll build key data sets to empower analysis including website analytics and our customer level data set
- You’ll be responsible for the definition, evaluation and reporting of key product metrics
- You’ll sit at the intersection between marketing, product, engineering, and leadership to inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions
- You’ll help foster a culture of experimentation to improve the way we take Mozilla products to market
- Experience extracting data from a variety of sources, and a desire to expand those skills (working knowledge of SQL is required, python is a plus)
- Ability to craft stories to senior leadership about the performance of the business from a portfolio of metrics
- Experience working in a distributed, open-source oriented culture is a plus
- A global perspective in how to conduct research and understanding of cultural nuances
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data, multi-task, and produce results independently or collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with a distributed team.
- Ability to write and speak English well.
- A Master’s or higher degree in business, computer science, math, physical, life, or social science is desirable
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains. You should ideally be familiar with one (or more) of the areas listed below, and be interested in learning new things.
- Experience with mobile analytics (Platform, Device, Browser)
- Extensive experience with web analytics implementation (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Core Metrics, Dynamic Tag Manager, Ensighten, tealium, Google Tag Manager)
- Experience in at least one of the SQL languages (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SqlServer, Oracle)
- Experience with workflow management tools (JIRA, Aha!, Taiga)
- Experience with third party reporting tools/platforms (Google Data Studio, Tableau, Pentaho)
If you have different experiences and skills from the ones listed above and have something else to bring to the table, please contact us and let us know.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Feel good about your work again.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Beijing, Berlin, London, Paris, Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco, Taipei, Toronto and Vancouver
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs—we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment