Senior Data Scientist, Product Research
A successful Senior Data Scientist will have the opportunity to identify, nurture, and champion an emerging set of strategic growth bets and think proactively and strategically about opportunities to drive growth for the Magic Leap business. This role will be chartered to build out a robust data science program bringing together product and business data streams from across the company to help the product organization understand how our business is functioning, and model future opportunities for business and product direction through rigorous data science.
The ideal candidate should be an experienced and organized individual who is passionate about the opportunities with AR technology, and advocates for the organization to make customer-centric decisions across business, product and engineering. This role will work in an exciting environment fostering a customer-centric culture driven by validated data and research.
- Drive strategic company-wide data science initiatives and serve as tech lead on critical data science projects.
- Strategic partnership for product in identifying high impact analytical problems and innovative ways to tackle these problems via data analysis, experimentation, and statistical modeling.
- Evolve our measurement strategy by identifying novel metrics and measurement approaches to guide product strategy, goaling and experiments.
- Establish strong trusted relationships with the data science, data engineering, research, and program management communities at Magic Leap.
- Analyze user journey data and understand root causes of customer engagement with products and dashboard
- Analyze trends in data to identify growth opportunities for our business
- Use business and product data to identify opportunities to improve customer support needs
- Experience leading and personally executing cross-functional data science projects with measurable organizational and product impact.
- Demonstrated an extensive track record of great judgement in balancing practical business needs and scientific rigor.
- Expert knowledge of data tools - SQL, Python/R.
- Communication skills and experience connecting with and influencing a broad spectrum of audiences.
- Practical, hands-on experience with a wide variety of statistical inference and modeling methods, as well as machine learning techniques, to solve practical product observability problems..
- A proven ability to drive strategic insight, including balanced consideration of product, technology, marketing, business model and third-party / partner perspectives
- Deep understanding of the limitations and possibilities for augmented reality in an enterprise context
- Aptitude and passion for strategy formulation and program execution
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; great attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others
- Strong executive presence and the ability to successfully worked across different functional teams
- Must be able to prioritize business needs in building and designing customer solutions
- Bachelors/Masters Degree with 4+ years (or PhD with 2+ years) of experience working within an analytical role.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Big Data jobs
- Open Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs