Senior Software Engineer (Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence)
Mountain View, CA
Samsung Research America
Posted 2 months ago
Title: Senior Software Engineer (Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence)
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Visual Display Intelligence Lab
Location: Mountain View, CA or Irvine, CA
Technical professionals are defined by what they create. Samsung has the risk taking corporate culture, strategic R&D investments, and global know-how to imagine, develop, and market products that lead the industry. Samsung’s Visual Display Intelligence Lab located in Mountain View, California is currently recruiting world-class engineers who share our “Innovation through passion” philosophy and thrive in a fast-pace, results-driven environment.
- Research and develop machine learning systems that help train or serve models
- Research and develop new ML algorithms to aid in user behavior understanding
- Quickly prototype new ideas/technologies to create proof of concept and demos
- Contribute to the organization’s strong drive to be on the cutting edge of technology through the generation of patentable ideas
- Effectively communicate with global engineering teams
- MS degree in Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence (Machine Learning/Deep Learning)
- 3+ years of industrial experience
- Experience with ML frameworks such as: Tensorflow, Keras, Numpy, Caffee, etc.
- Experience in Python and/or C++.
- Experience with Deep learning and neural networks.
- Experience with both supervised and unsupervised machine learning models.
- Familiar with ML algorithms such as but not limited to Regression, Classification, Clustering, etc.
- Experience with regularization techniques such as but not limited to: Dropout, weight decay, generative pre-training, etc.
- Ability to understand recent ML research papers and adapt those models to real world products.
- Solid understanding on various software development tools, software process, and environments: IDE, debugger, source control, bug tracking, etc.
- Ability to multi-task effectively under considerable pressure and deadlines and easily adapt within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Prior experience with productizing ML research.
- Worked on projects involving coding skills outside of ML related work (all-rounder)
- Familiarity with building cloud systems - using AWS (or Azure) cloud services.
- Familiarity or experience using knowledge graphs.
- PhD in Machine learning
Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.