Founded in 2011, we have become the first Spanish tech ‘unicorn’. Our HQ is in Madrid but you can currently find us in 38 cities across Spain, Portugal and Latin America. Every month, new members join our world-class team of passionate, smart and talented individuals with a hunger to challenge the status quo.
But no matter how quickly we grow or how big we become, we’re determined to keep our ‘start-up’ spirit. We are a confident, professional, charismatic and focused team, young at heart and proud to do things the right way.We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, from our engineers to the drivers that use our platform. Moreover, we always comply fully with government regulations and respect local laws.
It’s been quite a ride so far, but in reality, our journey has only just begun. If we’re going to turn our vision into a reality, we’re going to need plenty more bright, ambitious people to join us!
About the position:
Our Product & Tech teams are based in Madrid and include an eclectic bunch of awesome people. While cultivating sustainable 'smart cities' is gaining momentum, and it seems that everyone (and their brother) wants to be part of making this happen even if it is just by introducing 10 GPS bikes in their town, Cabify is one of the very few places where you can not only test and learn, but also implement great ideas that will inevitably impact how our cities will look in 20 years time.
As you can imagine this is an extremely exciting time for Cabify and the Data Science team, and people who join us now are guaranteed to have a huge impact in the business and the future of cities. Data Science team currently hosts 6 exceptional data wizards and we are looking for more people with “superpowers”. At Cabify, Data Science lifecycle ends with protiping and testing, writing production software is reserved for our awesome Data Eng, Realtime Eng and Mobile & Backend Eng, who are able to create highly-reliable, highly-scalable solutions, so data scientists can focus in what they do best: testing and improving the secret sauce of the company.
If you love working with data and understand that analysing customer behaviours is key to building a successful product or service then this is the ideal job for you. As a Data Scientists at Cabify you will be working with Cloud and BigData technologies in a fast-paced and dynamic environment to prototype and develop solid data driven solutions and derive meaningful and actionable insights for the whole business to use.
We’re looking for great Data Scientists who understand the intricacies of how different technologies work together and who are able to purpose solid solutions for day to day problems and understand the tradeoffs their solutions may imply.
- Strong knowledge on either R and python for data analysis (better if both) and data visualization libraries (ggplot, seaborn, plotly...)
- Strong educational background, e.g Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics or equivalent experience
- A background in Probability & Statistics would be a bonus
- Experience publishing in peer reviewed scientific journals is a plus
- Experience with geo data modelling, analysis and viz is a plus, we LOVE maps, especially if they tell stories :)
- Experience/knowledge in behavioural economics is a plus
- Demonstrable experience using machine learning techniques
- Ability to work autonomously in an unstructured environment
The good stuff:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
- Flexible work environment & hours
- Regular fun team events
- Cabify staff discount
- Personal development programmes
- Recharge day: every third friday monthy off
- Flexible remuneration: subsidized restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
- A pet room so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself.
- And last but not least...free coffee!
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs