Head of AI/ML (Network Security)
Santa Clara, California
Palo Alto Networks
Posted 2 months ago
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
This newly created AI/ML Network Security leadership role is critical to accomplishing our mission, building a small team to lead our AI/ML initiatives in the Network Security and NGFW space in the areas of security insights, network analytics, configuration management, and others. Working closely with development and product leaders you will help develop an AI/ML strategy and then leverage that strategy to implement solutions that solve real world problems for our customers.
The successful candidate will be very clear minded, inventive, collaborative, and able to see trends before they happen. They will be passionate to both build a world class team as well as directly implement solutions in product for our customers.
- Build a thoughtful, well-informed AI/ML strategy for Network Security, the biggest product line at Palo Alto Networks.
- By using a deep understanding of capabilities and future trends in AI/ML coupled with an understanding of critical customer problems, help us define a way of leveraging data to solve critical cybersecurity problems.
- Work closely with product leaders to translate the defined strategy into product implementations that are used every day by our 65,000+ customers.
- Drive a development philosophy to leverage AI/ML throughout the product.
- Work across AI/ML teams in the company to build an internal community to share knowledge, promote training and development, leverage best practices, and grow our AI/ML capabilities across the company.
- MS degree, PhD preferred, in Computer Science or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning roles.
- Expertise building and implementing AI/ML products or services designed for external customers.
- Knowledge and familiarity of networking technologies.
- Experience in building AI/ML in security products is a nice to have.
- Experience leading and building stellar AI/ML teams.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent clarity and critical thinking skills, and drive for results.
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our R&D team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.