Posted 8 months ago
ProtonMail was born at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in 2013 when a group of scientists and engineers envisioned an email service that empowers people to own their private data and keeps them safe from mass surveillance. Since then, ProtonMail has become the world’s largest secure email provider, with over 20 million users and a profitable business model. Our mission extends beyond email: we’re building a better Internet through other privacy-focused services, including ProtonVPN, ProtonCalendar, and ProtonDrive. We are looking for passionate people to join our growing team and help us build a suite of security tools that safeguard privacy online build a better Internet.
The Proton Data team is responsible for everything that enables the company to make data-driven decisions, including for building and maintaining the data analysis infrastructure and analyzing the collected data. We are growing fast and we are looking for a Data Engineer in Vilnius, Lithuania, to help design and build the infrastructure and data pipelines that will take our Data analysis to the next level.
• Contributing to the new data lake and data pipeline design.
• Preparing the necessary components to populate the data lake from Apache Kafka.
• Preparing all of the necessary data transformations to populate data into a warehouse optimized for reporting.
• Designing, integrating and documenting technical components for data extraction and analysis on our big data platform.
• Contributing to innovations and data insights for data-driven decisions within Proton Technologies.
• Working in a team environment, interact with multiple groups.
• BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline
• 2+ years of relevant work experience
• Working experience with Apache Spark projects and infrastructure
• Experience with data warehouse best practices in Big Data space
• Experience in the Big Data space (Hadoop Stack like M/R, HDFS, Hive, Flume, etc.)
• Experience with the relevant programming languages: Scala, Python.
• Knowledge of Kubernetes is a plus
Why work at ProtonMail?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail uses the Recruitee recruitment platform for a more efficient hiring process and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.