Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning
San Mateo, CA, USA
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Snowflake is still not ready to stop innovating. Next, we are taking a data-first approach to Machine Learning. We are building predictive analytics that are extremely easy to use by our existing data customers. We are also using ML to improve Snowflake itself using rich metadata. Last, but not least, we aim to leverage Snowflake’s data marketplace to ensure ML models won't be starved for training data.
We are hiring for ML frameworks, tools, algorithms, and selected applications. But please note, this role is not suited for engineers whose primary role is data scientists or data engineer. While the roles may require occasional data science type tasks, the vast majority of day-to-day work will be software engineering.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN ML YOU WILL:
- Build and design highly reliable software to meet the needs of the world’s largest enterprises.
- Be the owner of business critical functionality
- You will collaborate with product management, senior engineers, and architects to implement algorithms, easy to use abstractions for ML, and reusable ML artifacts for the enterprise customer.
- Lead teams of engineers to implement complex features.
- Contribute to a long-term roadmap for applied ML solutions.
- Be an example for best practices in software engineering
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- At least 5 years of industry experience (hiring at multiple levels of seniority)
- Experience in integrating Machine Learning into complex systems and bringing them into production.
- Extremely strong fundamental computer science skills, data processing infrastructure, algorithms, and data API’s.
- Experience building frameworks, libraries, tools, and systems for ML.
- Experience with several of the following frameworks: SKLearn, XGBoost, PyTorch, Tensorflow.
- Strong software engineering and productive developer in Python and C++ (Java is a plus).
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborate well, and mentor junior engineers.
- Experience planning complex projects with cross-functional dependencies.
- Ability to work on-site in our Bellevue or San Mateo office.
- A strong dislike for: --lots --of --commandline --flags --polluting --their --ML --jobs and all forms of manual tweaking
- A B.Sc. or equivalent degree in Computer Science.
BONUS POINTS FOR EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Building ML for database systems.
- Privacy-preserving ML, e.g., Federated Learning
- Building ML-based control for a complex software system.
- Building systems for model understanding
- ML tuning and feature selection algorithms.
- Implementing scale-out ML algorithms.
- PhD degree in Computer Science with specialization in Machine Learning.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs