Staff Big Data Infrastructure Engineer
San Francisco, CA, United States
LiveRamp is looking for an Relational DBs and Big Data Architect for our Infrastructure team. This team is responsible for building, operating, and managing LiveRamp’s Big data infrastructure and related tools and applications.Our data infrastructure team operates one of the largest Hadoop deployments in the world, with 90,000 CPUs, 300TB of memory, and 30 PB of storage. We run 100,000 YARN applications and deliver billions of customer records per day to partners. Our projects range from working with leading edge cloud-native services to big data cloud infrastructure to reliability instrumentation and monitoring. This position will report to the Head of Infrastructure and partner closely with the Big Data Infrastructure team and other technical leads in engineering.
We’re looking for someone that has technical breadth and depth in Relational DBs and Big Data processing tools and framework. You will act as a thought leader, mentor and facilitator, while offering guidance to technical teams on Relational DBs and Big Data Infrastructure tooling and best practises. In this role, you will have the opportunity to create industry best practices for custom built or off the shelf solutions in a big data environment.
- Lead and provide subject matter expertise for designing and building Relational DBs and Big Data applications
- Architecting and Implementing solutions to Tune and troubleshoot database performances issues.
- Promote distributed and big data philosophy, leveraging tools like Spark, Kafka, Scala.
- Lead the Relational DBs and Big Data Infrastructure improvements for availability, performance, observability, scalability, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Lead and collaborate with technical, application and security leads to deliver a reliable and secure Relational DBs and Big Data infrastructure
- Ensure big data infrastructure solutions are implemented and delivered with best practices, standards, appropriate controls and thorough documentation
- Plan, architect, and guide delivery of critical, complex relational database features at enterprise scale, including purge/archive, backup/recovery, data refresh, and overall database architecture and scalability.
- Develop and enforce standards for relational and non-relational database design and development best practices, and design tools to enforce these practices at scale.
- Develop and enforce best practices for application use of relational databases
- Provide technical governance for Big Data infrastructure tools - design, deployment, and operations
- Support a global engineering organization based in California, New York, Paris, London and Nantong, China
- 10+ years of experience in the fields of Relational DBs and Big Data Infrastructure and tools
- Experience architecting complex and distributed relational and non-relational database solutions that leverage best practices.
- Expert knowledge of relational database architecture and implementation planning and execution, and demonstrated delivery of enterprise-scale databases
- Experience with Big data processing frameworks - Spark, Kafka, Hadoop.
- Expert-level understanding of database query tuning and optimization
- Demonstrated experience of architecting databases in cloud platforms such as Google GCP, AWS, Azure.
- Experience with deployment and monitoring of big data applications and tools
- Experience with one or more common programming language, i.e. Java, Python, Go or scripting (Groovy, Shell)
- Experience with SRE best practices, working knowledge of observability principles is a big plus
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks
- Experience with securing relational and non-relational databases in a public cloud environment
- Experience in driving scaled initiatives and engaging other engineers/teams as stakeholders
- Enjoy working as part of a distributed team: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working, and productive
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future. Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
More about us:
LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the world’s largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs