Senior Data Scientist
Posted 2 months ago
Siemens Mobility is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
What are my job responsibilities?
This position will be responsible for taking on the lead on the data driven feature implementation as part of the project contractual scope.
- Research new modeling algorithms, languages, packages, and statistical tools to enhance the overall productivity of the team.
- Design and implement experiments to test various hypotheses.
- Drive and lead data science related products.
- Understand the competitive marketplace, business issues, and data challenges in order to deliver actionable insights, recommendations, and business processes.
- Work in a collaborative team environment with other highly skilled specialists in statistics, machine learning, and software engineering.
- Communicate complex solutions in a clear and understandable way to both experts and non-experts.
- Collaborate with Product Owners to develop a product data-driven strategy.
- Promote a Data-driven customer centric culture at Siemens.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a relevant role.
- Strong knowledge and proven hands-on experience in personalization and information retrieval projects.
- Experience collaborating with Developers, UX Experts, Product Owners, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of, Python, Hadoop. Spark, SQL, or R.
- Working experience with cloud services such as AWS or Azure.
- Exposure/ experience to tools & Infrastructure such as Jenkins, GITHUB, Eclipse…Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Interest and experience in coaching, mentoring and the ability to grow into a leadership role.
- Promote communication and collaboration.
- Transfer knowledge to younger data scientists.
- MS or PhD in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Economics, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time