Data Scientist - Bixby
Mountain View, CA
Title: Data Scientist
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Bixby is an intelligent personal assistant which is only available as a built-in application on Samsung flagship devices and wearables. This application uses Natural Language Understanding to perform tasks on these devices using voice/ text, including but not limited to making phone calls, sending text messages, setting up meetings, opening apps, setting alarms and timers, getting directions, answering general questions, providing information about restaurants and other businesses, etc.
The Natural Language understanding team aims to create a delightful experience for Bixby customers by making Bixby understand the intent behind any spoken request quickly and accurately. You will collaborate closely with experts in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing, and contribute to advancing the state of the art in human language understanding systems.
As an NLP Engineer you will primarily focus on building the NLU platform for Bixby by working with Product Managers / Subject Matter Experts, Lab Leaders, Linguistic Experts, brainstorm different ideas, research, build POCs and propose solutions that cater to the broader business needs. You will work with a small and nimble team to help design machine learning models, data pipelines, integrate into and maintain production systems and analyze key metrics for decision makers to provide insights that will be beneficial to Bixby consumers.
- Develop predictive models on large-scale datasets to address various business problems leveraging advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques.
- Apply machine learning and data science techniques and design distributed systems.
- Research and develop statistical models for analysis.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Build in-bound and out-bound integration from various applications with our data-lake.
- Use your data and analytics experience to ‘see what’s missing’, identifying and addressing gaps in their existing logging and processes.
- Deep understanding of data architecture, Machine learning methods, Schema design, and dimensional data modelling.
- Hands-on experience with object-oriented programming languages (Java, Python, C++, Scala, Perl, etc.).
- Experience in analyzing large dataset to identify deliverables, gaps, and inconsistencies.
- Ability to see redundant parts of the pipeline, optimize and automate boring parts.
- Ability to tune schemas (i.e. partitions, compression, distribution) to minimize costs and maximize performance.
- Ability to execute tasks with minimal supervision.
Background, Experience& Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience
- Bachelors, Master’s or Ph.D. in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or statistics
- 3+ Years of experience with building end-to-end systems based on machine learning or deep learning methods (ETL, modeling and deployment)
- Experience in statistical and data mining techniques (like boosting, generalized linear models/regression, random forests, trees, and social network analysis)
- Knowledge of advanced statistical methods and concepts
- Experience working with machine learning techniques such as artificial neural networks, clustering, and decision tree learning
- Experience using web services like Digital Ocean, Redshift, S3
- Experience with real time data pipelines using Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ
- 3+ years of experience building statistical models and manipulating data sets
- Experience working with distributed data and computing tools like Hadoop, Hive, Map/Reduce, MySQL, and Spark
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs