Machine Learning Software Development Eng.
Santa Clara, California / Austin, Texas
Posted 2 months ago
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Machine Learning has dramatically changed how things operate in modern society. When you join AMD Machine Learning team, you become a part of a global team of innovators who are contributing to our collaborative future.
In this role, you will be working on algorithms and techniques to improve machine learning and optimizing various deep learning applications for AMD GPUs. You will be working closely with the various internal framework and library teams.
You need to be a strong engineer with a keen sense on building working solutions. A broad technical background and a deep understanding of our focus area. You need to be motivated self-driven to achieve higher goals, and a good team player that works well with your colleagues and coworkers.
- Develop algorithms and techniques to improve machine learning;
- Optimize various deep learning applications for AMD GPUs;
- Work with open-source application maintainers to understand their requirements – and have your code changes integrated upstream;
- Work in a distributed compute setting to optimize for multi-node multi-GPU systems;
- Collaborate and interact with internal framework and GPU library teams to analyze and optimize training and inference for deep learning;
- Apply your knowledge of software engineering best practices.
- Extended knowledge and background in Machine Learning and various algorithms;
- Knowledge of GPU computing and optimization techniques and methods;
- Hands on working experience on TensorFlow, PyTorch, and other machine learning platforms;
- Strong coding skill;
- Familiar with Python, C/C++;
- Ability to work independently, define project goals and scope, and lead your own development effort;
- Strong communication skills, and good team player.
- B.S. + 8 yrs. min, or Master's + 6 yrs. min. or PhD + 2-3 yrs. Min. or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields;
- Santa Clara, California
- Austin, Texas
Requisition Number: 77862
Country: United States State: California City: Santa Clara
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.