Senior Data Analyst
We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Data Analytics Team
Thumbtack’s Ops Analytics team is a tight-knit group charged with providing actionable insights for Thumbtack’s Go-to-Market and Operations teams. We collaborate with various groups across the company on a wide variety of projects; everything from click-level data from our online HelpCenter, to call-level data from our outbound sales teams, to search- and conversation-level data between pros and customers from our product database. The Ops Analytics team is part of a global team of more than 40 analysts across Thumbtack’s San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Manilla offices.
About the Role
As a Data Analyst on the Ops Analytics Team, you'll empower various operations teams across multiple Thumbtack locations and serve as a cross-functional partner with members of Engineering, Product, and other Analytics groups. Ops Analysts have the opportunity to work on company-wide efforts where product and operations overlap such as new feature launches, customer and pro segmentation, market outreach campaigns all the while providing data-driven feedback to streamline existing product features.
The Ops Analytics Team is growing at a rapid pace - we're looking for teammates to primarily partner with our Service & Support Team and provide secondary support on projects with Sales, Marketplace Trust & Safety, Experience Operations, and more.
- Partner with leaders of Thumbtack’s Service & Support to conduct in-depth quantitative analyses that guide strategic decisions
- Quickly build technical and content expertise about our platform, as well as the touch-points through which the operations teams interact with our pros and customers
- Make recommendations based on detailed analysis and a deep understanding of our business
- Forecast and measure the impacts of business changes on contact center volume and headcount/capacity planning call, email, chat, and text channels
- Build and maintain reports, models, and visualizations which provide insight into users’ experiences and business performance
- Maintain SQL queries and scripts that underpin Thumbtack’s ETL data pipeline
- Identify key drivers of core business outcomes through regression analyses and other statistical techniques
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Economics, Statistics, Math, or Computer Science
- Experience working with contact center analytics
- Proficiency using SQL to query large datasets and 2+ years experience with Tableau
- Passion for using analytics to solve problems that drive business impact
- Sharp business judgment with a focus on impact in operational processes
- Strong communicator with the ability to explain technical results to a non-technical (and data savvy) audience
- Ability to detect and debug data anomalies in complex operational processes and a track record of working with business leaders to drive efficiencies
- Experience with contact center platforms (such as Five9, Quiq, Salesforce, Teleopti)
- Experience working with cross-functional, off-shore teams in non-US time zones
- Familiarity with analytics and processes of other operational lanes (such as sales & success or trust-and-safety orgs)
- Proficiency with statistics/programming languages (e.g., R, Python)
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs