Billerica, Massachusetts, United States
Full Time – Exempt
As a Data Engineer on the Data Analytics and Reporting Team, you will play a hands-on role in the development of the data pipelines, transforming data, and creating dashboards for visualization. The goal of the Data Analytics and Reporting Team is to make data accessible and enable the organization to use insight from data to identify bottlenecks and make decisions to optimize system performance. The ideal candidate possesses a strong aptitude for data, enjoys problem-solving, and effectively manages priorities.
What Will You Do?
Create data models, reports, and analyses as needed to support business needs.
Convert raw data into meaningful insights through interactive and easy-to-understand dashboards and reports.
Translate team’s needs into data solutions using visualization tools like Power BI and Tableau.
Recommend a technical approach to data pipeline development and understand the correct schemas to future-proof data pipelines.
Develop custom queries, tables, dashboards, and reports
Review, improve and optimize existing ETL/SQL queries, dashboard views, and procedures while implementing best practices for data extraction and storage.
Work on implementation of technology needed to facilitate the transfer of data and integrations with internal and third-party applications.
Propose, define, review and test data warehouse modifications to improve report design efficiency.
B.S. in Computer Science, Data Engineering, or related field.
3+ years of experience with data visualization tools like Power BI or Tableau.
Data Warehousing and Data Mining Experience.
Hands-on experience in extracting data from various data sources and building data models (Star Schema/Snowflake).
Experience in requirement analysis, design, and prototyping.
Experience resolving complex issues creatively and efficiently.
Have a strong working knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
Demonstrated proficiency in transferring data between cross-platform applications.
Ability to write clean, readable, and maintainable code and documentation in Java and/or Python (experience with both not required).
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Strong organizational and planning skills.
Experience with cloud data platforms (experience with Azure is a plus).
Experience with machine learning, computer vision, and artificial intelligence is a plus.
MS in Computer Science, Data Engineering, or related field a plus.
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
What Do We Offer?
Alert Innovation offers a highly competitive salary for each job family and level within the Boston-area market in which we are based. Every employee is granted stock options that vest over four years. Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package starting on your first date of employment:
- No fixed limits on the number of workdays that you can take off for personal reasons, including vacations. You take what you need keeping in mind the demands of your team’s workload.
- 9 Paid Holidays.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K + company match.
- Tuition & work-related training reimbursement programs.
- Employee Assistance Program to assist with emotional health, parenting, eldercare, nutrition, legal and financial consultation needs.
The above list is only a summary of some of our benefits and is not meant to be a comprehensive explanation. To hear more, please visit: https://www.alertinnovation.com/boston-robotics-jobs/
Alert Innovation offers a safe work environment for its employees and partners. All employees, contractors, interns, and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated. Additional COVID precautions, such as wearing face masks, hand washing, and hand sanitizing are also common practice in all Alert Innovation facilities. We are a flexible work environment and offer on-site and hybrid work schedules based on team requirements.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs