Senior Data Analyst
Remote - Alberta, Canada
Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ2511
Location: Calgary, Edmonton, or Fully Remote
Apply by: 4 October 2021
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Shriya Sabharwal
As ATB’s next Senior Data Analyst, you will contribute to the overall success of the Performance, Strategy and Enablement (PS&E) team within the Technology, Innovation & Engineering (TIE) Group. The PS&E team is responsible for enabling Technology leaders to make evidence-based decisions, which thereby support the creation and execution of People and Business strategies. This role is responsible for synthesizing complex data using advanced analytics, data visualizations, and storytelling to evaluate and communicate progress in support of maturing our tech talent practices.
- Data Analysis
- As a key player in projects, gather and breakdown complex requirements, understand the root cause, and translate it into questions that can be approached through analytics
- Generate and test hypotheses by completing ETL processes, running SQL queries and writing SQL scripts, building models, and creating dashboard views (Tableau reports)
- Perform in-depth analysis and use relevant domain knowledge to identify trends and/or causal relationships to provide relevant, credible, and actionable recommendations
- Provide reporting support, including the generation of accurate and timely standard and ad-hoc reports for senior leadership in TIE
- Define KPIs and set up data sources for team and group performance scorecards
- Use descriptive and predictive analytics to understand and forecast talent demand and supply to support strategic workforce decisions
- Storytelling and Dashboard Design
- Synthesize data using data visualizations and dashboards tailored to the audience and use
- Tell the story behind the analysis in a clear and compelling way by helping a variety of audiences understand the “so what” from their perspective
Education And Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Math, Data Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of practical progressive data analytics experience in building and supporting complex systems using latest technologies is essential
- Must be able to understand, modify and develop SQL/database queries for data analysis and building of business requirements
- Strong working knowledge of BI tools like Tableau and PowerBI is a must
- Comfort working with large sets of data with ability to merge and analyze data from disparate sources
- Strong understanding of Information design and storytelling concepts is a must
- Must be a self-starting, results-oriented and highly motivated individual with ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment
- Must be able to navigate ambiguity while being highly adaptable and flexible to changing demands
- Must have excellent written and oral communication, strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills to identify/document critical issues, prioritize and apply technology and industry practices in the most beneficial ways.
- Progressive business/IT experience with minimum of 3 years of exposure to latest technologies/platform (e.g., GCP Big Query, SQL programming, Tableau, Python, concept of cloud platform)
- Knowledge of the Human Capital domain, especially the technology talent space, will be considered a strong asset.
- Nice to have working experience in agile methodologies ( JIRA, Confluence).
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs