We are looking for a data analyst to lead Glooko’s business intelligence activities. This includes:
- tracking corporate goals and KPIs,
- preparing customer billing reports and dashboards,
- scoping and supporting data sharing,
- identifying and interpreting user patterns/trends/anomalies, and
- communicating analysis results.
This is an individual contributor leadership role. You will spend:
- 75% of your time coding, analyzing data, and creating reports/dashboards, and
- 25% of your time communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Analyzing complex business problems using data from internal and external sources.
- Processing and exploring data, discovering patterns/trends, and identifying anomalies.
- Performing statistical analysis of structured and unstructured datasets to develop metrics, reports, and visualizations of trends and patterns.
- Interpreting trends and patterns in datasets to guide data-driven decisions.
- Using data visualization and BI tools to generate dashboards, reports, and presentations to aid in data storytelling.
- Developing, monitoring, and maintaining growth and engagement metrics.
- Gathering requirements, standardizing/automating reports, and providing insights.
- Producing datasets, reports, and dashboards.
- Working with the legal team to ensure compliance with data-sharing agreements.
- Reviewing commercial contracts.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to understand data and analysis needs and develop technical requirements.
- Supporting, managing, and scaling internal ad hoc analysis requests. This includes external and internal Support Sales, Account Management, & Customer Success teams.
- Working closely with teams across the organization (Product Management, Marketing, Customer Success) to organize, prioritize, and execute on a roadmap designed to provide quick and scalable analytical support.
Contributing to Glooko’s Data Science Team:
- Generating a list of users that meet certain usage criteria for use in beta testing.
- Quantifying the quality of Glooko’s real-world datasets.
- Submitting version-controlled code with test coverage.
- Completing code reviews.
- Researching methodology, tools, and frameworks for data analytics.
- Engaging in technical discussions, participating in technical designs, and presenting technical ideas.
- Making informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment.
Characteristics of the person we are looking for:
- You are excited to work on a team that cares deeply about helping those living with chronic conditions.
- You are a data-nerd. You love data and can tell a story with data and visualization in a calm, clear, and concise manner.
- You are meticulous in everything you do.
- You like writing code and automating processes.
- You are continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills, and share what you learn.
- You have a bias for action. Will thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment with limited structure that requires flexibility, resourcefulness, being efficient, and communicating effectively in a remote environment.
- You agree with our departmental values.
- Experience/expertise in the following:
- BI dashboards,
- Version control tools,
- Bonus: Automated testing frameworks (e.g., Pytest, Unittest, or Nose),
- Bonus: Coding in an IDE (e.g., Pycharm, Visual Studio),
- Bonus: Agile software development experience.
- A degree in a quantitative field, such as Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Quantitative Social Science, or Data Science.
- You have 5+ years of related experience.
- Strong project management and organizational abilities. Ability to scope, initiate, and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills across all levels of the organization. You can explain technical issues to both technical and non-technical business partners.
- Commitment to individual and team success.
- Strong presentation and writing skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate well with others at varying professional levels, including medical professionals, researchers, and population health decision-makers.
There are over 420 million people in the world with diabetes and Glooko helps them, as well as their physicians and care team, manage the disease more easily and cost effectively. Glooko is the Unified Platform for Diabetes Management and provides an FDA cleared, HIPAA compliant Web and Mobile (iOS and Android) application for people with diabetes and the clinicians who treat them. The platform seamlessly unifies data from over 80 of the leading blood glucose meters, insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitors, activity trackers, and biometric devices to deliver insights that improve personal and clinical decision support.
Glooko’s mobile app and web dashboard enable patients to easily track and proactively manage all aspects of their diabetes care. Glooko’s Population Tracker and APIs offer diabetes-centric analytics and supply insightful reports, graphs and pattern-triggered notifications to patients, health systems, and payers. The Glooko platform also allows customers and third-party developers to create branded modules for Glooko users.
Launched in 2010, Glooko is funded and managed by visionary technologists and leaders in healthcare.
Glooko Benefits Include:
- Having a meaningful impact on people's lives
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, and transportation incentives
- Annual reimbursement on fitness expenses (gym memberships, running shoes, yoga classes, etc.)
- 401(k) matching program
- Valuable experience in the rapidly growing mobile health industry
Glooko provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Glooko complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs