Staff Data Scientist, Ads
Posted 2 months ago
The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
We are looking for a Staff Data Scientist to work with our Ads team. You will work closely with engineers and product owners from our Ads team to understand how our data can be used to tell a compelling story to brands. In addition to strong analytical skills, this person has a solid business acumen and understanding of what is important to advertisers.
- Serve as a thought-partner for Product Managers and Engineering Managers in influencing the ads roadmap and strategy by identifying opportunities through deep-dive analyses and/or modeling.
- Deeply understand ad auctions and how bid densities affect CPMs, CPCs and revenue
- Develop familiarity with managed/reserved, takeover and self-serve environments and specific interplays amongst those ads.
- Help improve the team's understanding of ads targeting, ads pacing, frequency capping, underdelivery and other aspects related to ads delivery.
- Develop models to improve ads performance and advertiser ROI
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders and partners including PMs, Engineers, Solution Engineers and Sales.
What We Can Expect From You:
- Masters degree or above in a quantitative major (e.g., mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, computer science)
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative analytical roles, preferably for a consumer-facing service/app
- 2+ years of experience in online advertising
- Proficiency with statistical analysis and programming languages (e.g., R / Python)