Machine Learning Engineer
PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
PlayQ is looking for a highly motivated and skilled Machine Learning Engineer to help us unlock the full potential of our data science capabilities. In this role, you’ll have the exciting opportunity to work closely with our data team to help us design, develop, and deploy machine learning models as we continue to scale our platform and infrastructure. You will also work closely with our product & marketing teams in everything from the ideation, research & prototyping of modeling approaches, and to scaling & deploying models in our gaming platform.
Our ideal candidate is a team player who loves to build data products and technologies and wants to be involved in the end-to-end machine learning process. You also should possess a passion and deep theoretical knowledge of machine learning & neural networks and can discuss in depth the strengths, and drawbacks of various techniques & algorithms for various business requirements.
If you’re excited by the opportunity to make a big impact by owning our machine learning strategy & operations then we’d love to hear from you!
- Design and implement machine learning systems and bring state-of-art ML methods into real application
- Work with data scientists, product management and engineering to implement data science use cases
- Identify key insights and build machine learning applications that will increase player engagement and retention
- Develop, deploy and continuously improve data products in the areas of LTV/churn prediction, product recommendations, bandit models etc.
- Build and design ML infrastructure including building resilient data pipelines, monitors, experimentations, APIs and data connectors
- Run regular A/B tests, perform statistical analysis, draw conclusions on the impact of the models
- MS, or PhD in computer science, applied statistics or other quantitative fields, or equivalent practical work experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in applied machine learning and in deploying machine learning models at scale
- Possess real-world experience in building and scaling machine learning algorithms.
- Strong breadth of ML techniques including classification, regression, clustering and reinforcement learning
- Full-stack development experience in building data products and production data pipelines to support data and analytics functions
- Expert level Python skills and in machine learning libraries including Scikit-Learn/Tensorflow/Pytorch.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (Snowflake, DynamoDB)
- Knowledge of statistical hypothesis testing, Bayesian inference methods and statistical distributions
- Great communication & teamwork skills
- Self-starter with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience working in the mobile gaming industry
- Due to COVID-19, our employees are temporarily working remotely. We are regularly evaluating our return to work strategy and plan to return to our office in the city center once it's safe to do so.
- Comprehensive medical, dental insurance
- English Classes
- Flexible time off
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- New Creative office space in the very heart of Kyiv city center.
- Monthly team outings
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs