Data Scientist (NLP)
At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk-takers, don't have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. We help people solve problems in moments that matter.
Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
We’re looking for the rare breed of data scientist who loves to use their expertise to solve business problems. Your models won’t languish in the lab. They will go to production, where they will impact the daily lives of millions of people.
What are we doing?
At Talkdesk we are reimagining how people experience contact centers, helping our customers create long lasting and meaningful relations with their customers. The capacity to make sense of the message that is being conveyed when we communicate has been reserved to humans alone, but we are building the next generation of solutions that will mimic our ability to understand language, ensuring that the customer needs are always well understood and efficiently handled. We are a growing team of curious and talented people that are focused on leveraging the power of Natural Language Processing, audio signal processing, and machine transcription, to deliver added value to our customers.
What do we need?
We are looking for a talented Data Scientist. We need someone that is a natural problem solver, who likes to be challenged, has the drive to explore and is committed to quality. We expect you to be a truly team player, reliable and easy to communicate with. You will have to leverage different techniques to deliver state of the art solutions around natural language understanding and generation. More specifically, you will have to:
- Focus on delivering working products/models to production. We don’t do pure science at Talkdesk. We do products. We’re looking for data scientists who geek out on solving business problems and impacting millions of people’s daily lives.
- Explore, clean and transform large datasets of unstructured data;
- Analyze complex problems and recommend adequate solutions according to the identified requirements;
- Apply, combine and fine tune different Natural Language Processing techniques to achieve the best results;
- Design, implement and maintain scalable and performant architectures to support the idealized solutions.
What are we looking for?
- Experience developing, delivering and operating machine learning-based software in production in the cloud.
- Familiarity with NLP tasks (e.g. Information Retrieval, Recommender Systems, Topic Modeling, Summarization, etc);
- Familiarity with Machine Learning algorithms (Neural Networks, SVM, Markov Models, Decision Trees, etc);
- Familiarity with Big Data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc).
- Familiarity with MLFlow is a plus.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs