Sr Data Engineer – Data & Entertainment Company
Remote, anywhere in LATAM
- Build, test and maintain data pipelines that support the data sciences team and customer-facing client teams.
- Track and manage pipeline efficiency and stability.
- Evaluate, parse, clean, and integrate raw data sets including third party APIs. Help build sophisticated ETL processes around first party data such as survey data, second and third-party data sources such as IP addresses, clickstream data, movie meta data.
- Provide recommendations for data storage, configurations, data access tools and new technologies/architectures.
- Develop code-based data transformation/aggregation in data lakes, relational databases (primary use cases) and possibly non-relational databases, as well as for the purpose of BI tools such as Power BI and Tableau.
- Participate in developing data APIs for data ingestion of NRG data into client-side applications or client-side data systems.
- Assist application developers in the effective use of database query and programming languages.
- Contribute to managing data integrity, data storage efficiency and data ecosystem efficiency.
Who You Are
- Team asset who can describe data structures, relationships, and flows behind organization database servers and applications.
- Key individual that the technology team looks to for advice related to data organization and planning.
- Up to date on the latest data-related best practices and technologies and always looking to learn more.
- Currently working as database engineer with good foundational experience.
- Internally motivated self-starter who continuously strives to get things done, regardless of challenges encountered.
- Critical thinker, able to understand and respond to complex questions or issues that may arise, and able to demonstrate willingness to experiment with new technologies.
- Successfully manages time and multiple competing priorities in order to ensure deadlines are always met.
- Team player who is able to work collaboratively and initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal oversight.
- 3+ years of experience using Spark for building data pipelines or ETL (Pyspark is preferred).
- 3+ years of experience in AWS technologies/infrastructure.
- 3+ years of experience in SQL and database technologies.
- PostgreSQL or AWS Redshift experience required.
- A solid foundation with end-to-end development and the desire to further their technical knowledge.
- Working knowledge with Python.
- Knowledge of PII (personally identifiable information) data security standards is a plus.
- Experience in databases structured against survey data is a big plus.
- Payment in USD.
- Free credentials for e-learning platforms.
- Remote workshops & activities.
Job perks/benefits: Team events
Job region(s): Remote/Anywhere South America
Job stats: 1 0 0
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Big Data jobs
- Open Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs