Senior Analyst, B2B Applied Data Science
The B2B Insights & Analytics team exists to drive optimal decision-making that improves our business customers’ FF&E shopping experience through Sales interactions. We seek to optimize Sales incrementality by identifying the most CLV-accretive Sales interactions with customers, as a critical driver of our flywheel. The data we are experts in represents the voice of external customers (e.g. onsite activity, communication with Business accounts, orders, & firmographic data) and internal customers (e.g. onsite activity, communication between Sales representatives & Business accounts, CRM, and Sales Operations data) - we source, interpret and translate that voice into action that serves our customers. This team leads measurement - particularly around causal inference - and also plays a data challenger role to ensure the STO understands the “why” behind great customer experiences. And we partner closely with Data Science - to jointly develop and apply machine learning approaches to drive growth, and Data Solutions/Engineering - to ensure we have a strong, and high-velocity data foundation.
Program Recommendations exists to identify opportunities and provide actionable recommendations based on hard data to grow revenue and improve efficiency. We strive to deliver better understanding of customers and improve the engagement model between Sales and customers.
What You’ll Do
Use SQL, Python and Looker to wrangle Wayfair’s unique data to develop hypotheses, experiments and analyses that point to the most significant business growth opportunities.
Break down complex problems into requisite components, design and analyze experiments, and iterate to improve North Star metrics.
Oversee advanced analytics completed by junior team members, coaching and improving analytic code and output as needed.
Work closely with Sales, Program Management, Sales Operations, Marketing, Data Solutions, Data Science, Category Management, Finance, Pricing and other teams to develop and execute analyses and tests that lead to accelerating growth.
Communicate findings and recommendations with relevant teams and leadership to drive measurable improvements in Sales incrementality.
Potential projects you could own:
Classify Customer-Sales Agent interactions and provide recommendations that Sales can take action on to accelerate revenue growth, leveraging sales activity data, call transcripts and email content.
Predict customer lifetime value and/or customer potential by leveraging web browsing data, order data and third party data to inform sales treatment and program path.
Create customer segmentations and design targeted treatments (frequency of outreaches through phone, email etc.) for high-value customers.
What You’ll Need
2+ years of SQL and Python experience, as well as the understanding of the basics of query optimization. Experience with Looker and Jupyter notebooks, a plus.
Experience with modeling (customer segmentation, predictive modeling, and NLP), required.
Experience with experiment design, implementation, and analysis (A/B tests, holdout tests, etc.), required.
Experience with methods and techniques of drawing meaning from data sets and statistical tests.
Experience working with incomplete and dirty datasets and being involved with improving them in a meaningful way.
A passion for analytical work with a high bar for zero defect analysis.
Ability to prioritize projects with a focus on business impact.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs