New York, New York
Posted 2 months ago
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The User Experience Research & Analytics team in CIO Design is looking for an experienced data scientist with hands-on skills using advanced analytics techniques, such as predictive and prescriptive models, multivariate regression, cluster analysis, etc. Candidate should also be experienced in working with unstructured data and text using Natural Language Processing (NLP) and/or Machine Learning. This role will bring together data from multiple repositories including primary research, behavioral data, databases, and usability tests in order to develop actionable insights to improve the employee experience and increase productivity.
We are looking for dynamic individuals with experience in providing meaningful insights on end users behavior and trends over time, developing analytic solutions, presenting findings and recommendations, and creating dashboards. The position will be located in New York City.
- Analyze large data sets of quantitative and qualitative data to extract actionable insights and create predictive models
- Extract data from a variety of databases such as AWS S3, Azure, MongoDB, SQL or noSQL
- Extract, compile, and validate data, conducting analysis using standard analytic and/or data science tools and techniques
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Project, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data needs.
- Develop automated reports and dashboards
- Create innovative, long-term solutions for the reporting of data from multiple repositories and databases
- Communicate findings in a clear, concise, and visual (as appropriate) manner to our key stakeholder project teams, and drive meaningful action based on those findings
- Work cross-functionally with Design Researchers, Visual / Interaction / Content Designers, Program Managers and Software Engineers
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 4 years of experience developing analytic solutions, interpreting results, and presenting findings and recommendations
- At least 4 years of experience applying technical expertise in drawing inductive inferences from data, developing and evaluating statistical regression and classification models, hypothesis testing, and design of experiments
- At least 4 years of experience with AI tools, Natural Language Processing (NLP), and Machine Learning
- At least 4 years of experience applying one or more of the following to business problems: SPSS and SPSS Modeler, Python, R, SAS, SQL
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts
- MS in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or related STEM field
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience and/or coursework in Deep Learning
- Advanced MS Excel skills (e.g. VLOOKUP, Pivot tables)
- Ability to think strategically about business, product and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Experience with big data tools (e.g., Apache, Hive/Spark)
- Hands-on experience deploying analytical models to solve business problems
- Ability to develop experimental and analytical plans for data modeling processes
- PhD in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or related STEM field.
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.