Data & AI Architect, IBM Cork
Posted 2 months ago
IBM's Data Science and AI Technology is a core part of our company's strategy. IBM Data Science and AI is trailblazing new technology platform and services, business models, and data scientist/developer outreach activities.
In this role you will provide technical leadership, design, and development for client engagements.
• Keeps current on industry practices, regulations, technology, etc., and demonstrates technical knowledge in area of responsibility
• Builds networks / bridges with internal and external counterparts
• Understand the challenges being addressed by an engagement and collaborate with team and clients to deliver a technical solution that meets the unique needs.
• Ability to look at results and tell stories to key stakeholders based on their analysis (need to have the ability to understand the data and its relationships)
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, construct, test and maintain data architectures and large-scale data processing solutions
- Define the client architecture with IBM Data and AI platform integrated, operationalize the platform, and map relevant use cases for IBM Data and AI platform
- Design and implement large scale data lakes using data virtualization best practices
- Familiarity with a data science project’s life cycle from data understanding, preparation, model development, training, testing, scoring and monitoring; including methods for measuring effectiveness
- Recommend and implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Ensure that the architecture that is in place supports the requirements of the data stakeholders of the business
- Leverage data from internal, external sources to answer business questions DataAI
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Deep understanding of hybrid cloud architectures and data integration needs, and implementing solutions on multiple public and private clouds
- Foundational OpenShift, dockers, containers
- RedHat Linux admin, clustering
- Familiarity with the Agile development process
- 5+ experience with large-scale databases, Hadoop and/or Cloud based data persistence
- 5+ Design, develop, and implement advanced data pipelines that bring together data from disparate sources, making it available to data analysts and other users using technologies like Kafka, Streamsets ,Python Programming Language etc.
- 3+ years experience in open source Machine, and Deep Learning frameworks, model validation and deployment tools, data pipeline technologies, and visualization and data storytelling tools.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience implementing scalable data lakes in cloud using cloud-based storage (Cloud Object Store)
- Knowledge of RDBMS (Db2, Oracle, SQL Server) & ETL technologies (SSIS)
- Experience creating & leveraging support best practices & process frameworks to drive continual process improvement
- Ability to provide quality & testing support for all projects involving assigned applications
- Experience with Data modelling tools like SPSS, SAS
- Experience implementing tools like Cognos, Tableau
- Ability to design/implement governance strategies for data and ML models to provide trust and transparency
- Experience in machine learning, deep learning & programming
- Statistical programming techniques & languages (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB, Java, etc)
- Hands on experience with common machine learning & data analysis packages
- Experience in Natural Language Processing (NLTK)
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.