Data Scientist (Business Transformation Consultant)
Posted 8 months ago
At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role will support advanced analytics projects especially in the field of Predictive Modelling, Optimization & AI.
- Build analytics applications on various technology platforms including big data technology platforms.
- Own and complete work streams from business use cases
- Be able to compile results from various work streams and be able to make coherent presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Applying best practices to manage solution implementations including code design and reviews
- Continuously innovate and determine new approaches & technologies to solve business problems and generate business insights & recommendations
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field with solid exposure to Machine Learning and Deep Learning with at least 5 years of experience and exposure to big data analytics.
- Problem solver with curious mindset having relevant data science work experience in planning and optimization problems.
- Experience in building and managing analytics products, high performer and problem solver.
- Strong understanding of the energy resources domain. Desired domain expertise in mining.
- Strong coding skills in Python, and ideally in other languages like R, SQL, Hive Sql, C++
- Hands-on experience with Python libraries - NumPy, Pandas, sklearn
- Hands-on knowledge of working with scalable platforms for processing large and/or complex multi-source data sets using Hive, Hadoop or Spark (PySpark) is a plus.
- Comfortable with working on Unix, Windows and both traditional database and nosql databases like MongoDB
- Demonstrated the use of data optimization (Linear/Non-linear) to solve constrained business problems
- Ability to communicate analytics-based insights to business stakeholders. Independent problem solver comfortable to work in an ambiguous solution space.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.